Monday, August 1, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #15

Hello, friends!  It's time for the latest Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #15...check out this fun challenge board!


For my card, I went with the bottom row across: Bokeh Effect - Staple - Birds of a Feather.

I used a piece of patterned paper to achieve the bokeh effect on this card...that was easy!  The staples are merely decorative, although they may help that die cut branch to stay in place.  The graduation owl is my "bird of a feather," so to speak...he is a free digi image from Gerda Steiner Designs and he is taking center stage on this card!  I printed the owl on white card stock, masked his eyes, colored with distress inks, then fussy cut; a few white lines with a gel pen and some Glossy Accents on his beak added the finishing touches.


Supplies Used:
Gerda Steiner Designs "Graduation Owl" (owl)
Gerda Steiner Designs "Happy Hoppy" (sentiment)
Spellbinders branch die
Mamma Elephant Index Card Creative Cuts die
Tim Holtz distress inks, white gel pen, Glossy Accents

I'm entering this card into the current Gerda Steiner Designs 23rd Share Your Designs Challenge since I used her adorable stamps.

I'm also entering this card into the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "Anything Goes."

Be sure to check out the creative ways the Design Team interpreted the inspiration board for Challenge #15...you will be wowed!  I do hope you can join in the fun, too!

Have a great day,
Judy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shading on your owl, Judy, and I love the white gel pen accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy,
    Super cute and the coloring on the owl is amazing. I can't believe you used distress inks... I would really have to come out of my comfort zone to get that type of shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet, Judy!! What a fun little owl all ready for graduation. Awesome coloring too! I like this one very much. He just makes me smile. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a way with all of the cute critters you use!! This is an adorable card Judy, terrific coloring! And by the way...you are simply awesome yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy