Saturday, August 6, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #248

Hello, friends!  I am stopping by today with a card I made for the current sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches #248 - A Sketch by Linda.  I was immediately drawn to how clean and simple this sketch is...and I interpreted it very literally!


I immediately thought of my never-before-inked-up feather stamps from Concord & 9th.  I made a one-layer card using masking and a sentiment from Winnie and Walter.

Supplies:
Stamps: Winnie and Walter (The Big, The Bold and The Happy), Concord & 9th (Grateful)
Inks:  MFT black dye ink, Copic markers, Wild Honey distress ink
Other:  twine bow

There are some really cool interpretations of this sketch in the pool...makes me feel a little "un-creative," but honestly I was so happy to play with my feather stamps that I am OK with it!

Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Judy and really whats not creative about using the first thing that jumped into your head, I had the same thought. Looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feathers are wonderful in their bright colors! Love the spatter and sweet bow too! Sweet card! So glad you shared it st FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your bright happy feathers Judy!! The little speckles are a nice touch too. Very creative and pretty in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty feathers! And I LOVE the way you've grounded the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy