Tuesday, August 2, 2016

CASology #209: WATERCOLOR

Hello, friends!  Just stopping by today with my cards for the latest CASology cue card! Break out your watercolors, I predict it's going to be a popular week!


I decided to make a set of cards while I had out my Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous "Bird Crazy"stamps.  For my watercoloring, I used my kraft mat, Tim Holtz distress inks in many different colors, and a cup of water.  I smooshed the ink pads on the kraft mat, then dipped my paint brush in water and then into the inks to paint my images.  I added some watercolor splatters to the background for some fun, too!


I'm going to enter this first card into the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #50 since I used a Simon Says Stamp sentiment (from the "Handwritten Sentiments" set).

While I was at it, I made two more cards with these silly birds...this time pairing them with sentiments from the My Favorite Things "Gifting Fun" stamp set.  I know they may be a bit snarky, but I find my teenagers often go to birthday parties where the preferred gift is often cash or a gift card.  (Now that they are driving, they all appreciate cash for gas money or the local pizza place next door to their high school!)

I thought these cards were cool enough for teens, what do you think?

This fella looks like he's breaking a sweat trying to figure out what gift to get...I've been in his shoes, trust me!


Indeed...who doesn't love a card with money inside?


Here is my set of watercolored bird birthday cards all together:


I'm going to enter these cards into the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where "Anything Goes."


I can't wait to see your WATERCOLOR cards this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Anita

Our Sponsor This Week:  Craft Classes Online



Thanks for visiting,
Judy
SaveSave

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are adorable! Love those birds' expressions~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic cards Judy! I love the sentiments that go with these images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee. Those birds are just too cute! Love the snarky sentiments, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercoloring, and I think these birds are perfect with your sentiments, Judy! What teen wouldn't love them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this set of birds and the sentiments that go with them. Great watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those birds are a hoot!! These are terrific Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your super fun cards
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are all so great! Those birds just make me laugh out loud! Amazing job coloring them : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Judy!! Did you know I love that crazy bird stamp set? They are so cute and you watercolored them well. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy