Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Gerda Steiner Designs June Progressive Challenge

Hello, friends!  I'm so happy that I can see the end of another year of work in sight...two days of work next week and then I'm OFF for the summer!  My kids are already off, so it makes it tough to get up and go in the morning, let me tell ya!

However, with things concluding for another school year, I have been able to find the time to make a few cards that I'll be sharing in the next few days -- and that is GOOD!

For example, I made this card for the current Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge for June using the adorable "Picnic Penguin" digi image.  How fun is this???  Nothing says summer to me like a picnic does!


After I printed the image I realized I made him kind of big...but once I colored and fussy cut the image, I rather liked it!   Paired with a Hero Arts sentiment and cloud background as well as a Lawn Fawn grass die, this card was quick and simple to make.

And, if you know me, you know I added Glossy Accents...this time to the penguin's beak and the grapes!


There are some really cute penguin cards in the monthly challenge pool using this fun fella...be sure to check it out and play along if you can!  If you buy this image and play along, you will receive the image for next month's challenge for free!


I'm also adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Animal Magic since this penguin is one adorable animal!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


I'll be back on Friday with my first card for the kick-off of the Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop!  (Yay!)

Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

6 comments:

  1. So darn cute and I love the touch of gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the size you printed too, this is super cute Judy! It's fun to think of a usual wintery penguin having himself a little summer picnic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Judy! The penguin's size goes perfectly with the size of the grass. A picnic sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being off for the summer!!! Your card turned out so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for being off for the summer!!! Your card turned out so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Penquin card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy