Tuesday, June 14, 2016

CASology #202: MASCULINE

Hello, friends!  It's that time again, and our new cue at CASology is up!


This cue couldn't have come at a better time, with Father's Day (here in the US) right around the corner.  I took this opportunity to make a card for my husband...I think I'm safe posting it as I don't think he reads my blog!  ;)

I am really loving the Art Impression images lately...they appeal to my love of puns and sarcasm!  I kept this larger image clean and simple by stamping it in the bottom corner of the card and leaving lots of white space around it.  The green sentiment serves as the grass!

I'm linking this up to the current challenge at Art Impressions Challenge#186: "Aging with Attitude."  This old guy is definitely sporting some attitude with those cool shades and toothy grin!

I'm also linking this card to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Father's Day/For a Guy.


The inside sentiment says...


Funny, but in all honesty my husband has not actually been the "lawn ranger" for several years now...my son has taken over cutting the lawn.  My husband used to joke around when the kids were younger, saying he couldn't wait to be able to watch his son cut the lawn while he sat back in a lawn chair and watched with a drink in hand.

Well, the other day, I managed to catch this picture out the kitchen window...his dream has come true!


(In all honesty. my husband went out to help my son move the swing so he could mow the lawn under it, and they had just moved it back.)

Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Milka

Our Sponsor This Week:  7 Kids College Fund

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

9 comments:

  1. Love your card - especially the sunburn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story about your husband sitting! I love your card, Judy, that guy is looks so much like my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this image is fabulous, Judy! So fun, and perfect for the Cue Card! LOVE the pic of your hubby and son, too...Priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that image is hilarious, and i love the sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! I love the sunburn you added, too cute!! What a perfect photo of your hubby and son. Looks like dad is chilling while son labors on LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card and cute photo. When you live in a drought area, like southern Calif, you resort to fake grass. We have a small patch in the back and our son put a large section in his front yard and neither he or his oldest son have to mow. :) Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is brilliant, Judy! Love the sentiment grass and the coloring is fantastic especially the little sunburned spots! So awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! Design, coloring... everything. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy