Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #9 and GSD Share Your Designs #21

Hello, friends!  I'm happy to be here again today to share a card I made for two challenges. (For my CASology post, click HERE.)

First, I'm playing at the current Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #9 using three elements in a row...I used "Masking Technique-Sponging-Things That Fly."


Next up, I'm entering this card in the current Share Your Designs Challenge #21 at Gerda Steiner Designs.  I used the new release sets (Alien Invasion and Blast Off) and had lots of fun stamping, masking, sponging distress inks, and making a fun little scene!


As usual, I added Glossy Accents to the dome of the space ships for some added interest.


I used a variety of coloring techniques on this card and, while it was a little more "labor-intensive" than I am used to, it was quite relaxing and fun.  I first stamped the images and masked them.  I sponged on a variety of distress inks to make the sky, keeping a brighter area for the sentiment.  I then took a watercolor brush and flicked on some splatters of purple paint.  Finally, I added a few white "stars" with a gel pen.  I then unmasked the images, colored the aliens and the planet with Copics, but watercolored the space ships and inner domes.  I added some white liquid pearls to the ships and a touch of yellow to suggest lights underneath.  I think this card may be heading to my nephew again!

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Judy

5 comments:

  1. How CUTE!! Love your sky, it's fantastic!! And this little aliens are too much fun in their space saucers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, another darling space seen! You've done such a fantastic job with these stamps again. Your background is amazing and I love how you designed it to highlight the sentiment. The glossy accents is such a great detail, too. Loving this awesome card! So happy you've joined us (again!) for Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Nine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fun card Judy! These are really cute little aliens and I like how you used the Glossy Accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY, Judy!!! What a fabulous atmosphere you've created for these darling characters! LOve the glossy accents!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy