Tuesday, May 10, 2016

CASology #197: TEAR

Hello, friends!  I'm here today with our next cue card from CASology.



OK, so this cue can be interpreted in several ways.  "Tear" can be a verb, as in to rip. Or "tear" can be a noun, as in a tear drop shed when you cry.  I went with the noun and made a clean and simple sympathy card.

I simply colored in the flower stamp with LePlume markers, spritzed with water, and stamped.  I added the sentiment in black dye ink on top of the flower once it had dried.

Supplies:
Hero Arts "A Real Flower Drooping"
My Sentiments Exactly "Sympathy Sentiments"
Sizzix Stampin' Up Framed Tulips embossing folder
LePlume markers, water spritzer, watercolor card stock

I can't wait to see how you interpret TEAR this week.  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Marilyn

Our NEW Sponsor This Week:  Right at Home

(Thanks for sponsoring our challenge this week!)

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. Stunning sympathy card. Love that watery flower (looks like it is crying) and the wonderful texture your EF adds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower looks gorgeous in watercolor style and I love the sentiment overlapping it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sympathy card, and perfect for this week's Cue Card, Judy! Beautiful watercoloring on your bloom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic design Judy, the purple flower is so pretty and that embossing background awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the water color look...a beautiful sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the water color look...a beautiful sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This flower speaks volumes, it's beautiful and yet, looks sad so it fits with the way you went with this cue word.
    Gorgeous colors and I love the beautiful embossed frame.
    I'm Pinning it to my Sympathy cards board, this cards are so difficult for me to make, thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy