Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy Birthday Butterfly

Hello, friends!  I'm enjoying my summer days off and finding some time to make cards for fun...isn't that awesome?  Today I made a card for several challenges...they all seemed to align quite nicely, so I went for it!

Here's where I am playing today:

(1) MUSE Challenge #223 with this lovely card from this week's Muse, Anita Bowden.  I was inspired by the pink, purple and blue background, the black butterfly, and the birthday sentiment.  (Basically I CASE'd her card!)


(2) Two concurrent challenges at Happy Little Stampers this month, including the July CAS Challenge where the theme is "birthday," and the July Watercolour Challenge with the optional twist of "blue." I used some blue, but not exclusively.

                           

(3) CAS Watercolour July Challenge with the theme of "Butterfly."


(4) The Challenge #88: Keywords and I used the words "birthday" and "watercolor" on my card today.


OK, now for my card!


I had fun following the layout of Anita's MUSE card.  I inked up an old Hero Arts "Harlequin Pattern Block" stamp with three different distress inks (Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, and Wilted Violet), and spritzed heavily with water before stamping onto my watercolor card base.  I also flicked some wet ink onto my card base.

Next, I die cut the Simon Says Stamp "Leanna" butterfly from both black and black glitter card stocks and layered them by adhering them in the center only.  I also die cut the Simon Says Stamp coordinating "Chrissy" die from purple vellum and adhered it to the center of the other butterflies, then adhered all three to the card.


Finally, I die cut the "happy" sentiment from the Papertrey Ink "Wet Paint" set and stamped the coordinating "birthday" sentiment underneath.  A thin strip of washi tape along the crease of the card finished it off.

So, there you have it! A clean and simple birthday card that is easy to mail (those butterfly wings lay flat in an envelope)...and that is always important to me!

Thanks for stopping by today...have a good one!
Judy

15 comments:

  1. stunning background and love the glittery butterfly. Great CAS layout and design, thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the splattery and messy background on an otherwise CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your artsy background ... such a great technique! Beautiful design with your glittery butterfly and striped edging. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to combine those challenges, Judy. And what a fabulous CASE of my design. I love the artsy feel of the background stamping, and the layered up butterfly is simply stunning, so pretty with the glittery scroll design. And the washi ties everything together.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, and also at the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous background, Judy! I love how the water softened the harlequin! And the purple vellum as the base of the butterfly is brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific modern artsy look Judy! This is ,marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this are muse and Cas Watercolour and it is fabulous. Such a beautiful take on Anita's muse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the fab layered black butterfly against the bold background. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colorful, artsy background with the intricate butterfly. Wonderful rendition of Anita's card, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you and all these challenges! This card is gorgeous - love the lacy wings of the butterfly and the background! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the watercolor diamond background showcasing the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Wonderful interpretation of Anita's Muse card. Really love the sparkly butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like how you've created your BG. It's gorgeous. And a great CASE too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. But beautiful artistic creation! Great colors and perfect design.
    Thank you for joining us at HLS CAS.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy what a striking creation - lovely watercolouring and CAS too
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at HLS CAS challenge this month
    Anne
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy