Tuesday, July 18, 2017

CASology #258: DIAMOND

Hello, friends!  We are already in mid-July and it is time to play with our new cue card at CASology.  It also happens to be my design teammate Rachel's birthday today -- Happy Birthday, Rachel!


This week we are getting sparkly!  I thought about some of the unusual diamonds that exist, such as the Hope Diamond I saw at the Smithsonian Museum (a beautiful steel blue diamond).  I also thought of black diamonds, and that was the inspiration for my card!

Our sponsor this week is STAMPlorations so I stamped this bold stand-alone STAMPlorations sentiment in black.  Then I paired it with six clear gems ("diamonds"), three on each side of an exceptional black gem.  The card base is embossed with an argyle pattern; the angles and lines remind me of the many facets of a diamond.

Supplies:
Stamp: STAMPlorations (Be the Exception)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Other: STAMPlorations dies (Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies - CUTplorations); Sizzix embossing folder (Argyle)


I will also be linking this up to the STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge.

I can't wait to see how you interpret the sparkly cue card this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week, for sure!

Guest Designer: Lana

Our Sponsor This Week: STAMPlorations




One last reminder before I go...did you see my post yesterday (here)?  Next week we will be hosting a 5-Year Anniversary Blog Hop at CASology!  Be sure to check back next Tuesday for all the details!

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. I like the big bold sentiment with the fancy gems and dry embossed background! Marvelous card Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the cue card this week! The black diamond in the center is a brilliant idea! Such a clever card, Judy! It's just wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy