Monday, November 6, 2017

CAS on Sunday #120: Sweet 16

Hello, friends!  I'm stopping by today to share a card I made for the current Challenge #120 at CAS on Sunday to make a card with numbers on it.


My daughter has to go to a "Sweet Sixteen" birthday party, so this challenge came just at the right time!


I started out by dry embossing a white card panel, then die cutting the number "16" on the panel as well as onto a piece of foam and a piece of patterned paper.  I adhered the patterned paper numbers to the foam, ran a fuchsia marker around the edges, then reinserted them into the white panel for dimension.  I kept it clean and simple by maintaining lots of white space, only adding a few pink gems for sparkle.

Thanks to a heads up from the lovely Ardyth, I am also entering this card in this week's Muse Challenge #241 with this inspiration photo from Anita Bowden.  I love the look of dry embossing on a white card base!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Judy

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY Sweet 16 to your daughter!! The card you made for her is ever so pretty Judy. I like the sweet floral numbers and the little bit of it peeking out from behind the embossed panel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! This card is actually for her friend whose party she has to go to this weekend. My daughter will be 16 in December!

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous card - sure to be loved by the 16 year old! The colorful numbers against the dry embossed background are so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign of a great design is that it can be changed up for many occasions! Love this and I'm sure the recipient did too! Thanks for linking up with Muse this week, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Judy! Love the happy flower pattern and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy