Friday, January 31, 2020

Christmas Card Set Featuring Unity Stamp Company

Hello, friends!  The holidays are well over, but I realized I never shared a set of cards I made this Christmas using the Unity Stamp Company's "Blessed Baby" stamp set.

I made a variety of cards using this main image. I used sentiments from various stamp companies including Simon Says Stamp ("Nativity"), Hero Arts ("Joy to You") and Jane Doodles ("Vintage Christmas").

For all of my cards, I used distress inks for the backgrounds and Copic markers to color the main image.





For the next two cards, I stenciled the oval backgrounds using distress inks and the Taylored Expressions Masking Stencils (oval). Love these!  I also used an oval doily embossing folder on some to add dimension.






I really love this Unity Stamp set and hope to use it each year when making Christmas cards.

As an aside, I thought I'd also share a picture of the M&M jars I made for Christmas gifts this year (gave to dance teachers, etc.) using recycled Starbucks jars. This is such an easy, fun way to reuse, recycle, and craft!  I always buy bulk containers of M&M's at the local wholesale club because the cost is very reasonable.  For this craft, I spray painted the cleaned Starbucks jar lids black, and adhered free labels I found online and printed. A few ribbons at the top ... and done!



Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful different background frames and embossing folders and a sweet image. That is a great gift for Christmas and something everyone likes. They are so festive looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Judy! Such sweet gifts, too! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Holy Family image Judy, love what you've done with it! M&Ms are always a good gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great nativity stamp! I love the different techniques you used to feature it. Fantastic teacher gifts - those bottles are the perfect shape and size!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy