Thursday, January 20, 2022

Taylored Expressions "Ray of Sunshine" Birthday Card Set

Hello, friends! I'm here today to share a card set I recently made featuring the Taylored Expressions "Ray of Sunshine" cutting plate, a birthday sentiment from the "Itty Bitty Sentiments" set, and a pack of patterned paper that has been in my stash for too long!

I started out by pulling out eight coordinating papers from the American Crafts "Hip Hip Hooray" paper pad. I die cut each paper and laid them all out in a row. I also ran the die through using black and red glitter papers so I could use the frames. 

Here is what the die cut papers and the black glitter "frame" looked like before I started to assemble my cards:


I began to mix and match the pieces onto various coordinating card bases, and before I knew it I had a set of colorful cards ready for sentiments! 

I am always in need of birthday cards, so I stamped the same birthday sentiment for all of my cards and popped them up with foam in the center of the cards.  I am so pleased with the results!


My favorite of all the cards is the one featuring the black glitter frame. I think it makes the colorful patterned paper pieces just pop!


The red glitter frame is also fun!


Here are close-ups of the rest of the cards:







I am so happy that I finally used the papers in this paper pack...I have had them in my stash for years. (I guess I was hoarding them until just the right project came along!)  I hope to be able to do this again wth other coordinating patterned paper packs I have...they sure take the guess-work out of knowing what colors and patterns will go together using this die!

Thanks again for stopping by...I do appreciate your visits!  Take good care, 

Judy 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great way to make cards and use up pattern paper. This is so unique. I've seen quilted cards and they look so complicated but this takes the guesswork out of it and makes it so easy. Your set of cards is wonderful, thanks for sharing this, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee are these ever CUTE!!! Love them all Judy. What a great way to make multiple cards with the die. I might have to go shopping LoL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy