Tuesday, December 12, 2017

CASology #279: GRAY

Hello, friends!  I'm back today with my card for the new cue at CASology.


I guess with the recent snow we had here in New Jersey, I had gray skies on my mind.  I decided to make a scene by masking a hill and moon and then inking the gray sky with distress inks.  I then removed the masks, inked the moon with Antique Linen distress ink, and stamped the trees in the same distress ink as the sky.  Finally, I splattered some snow with watered down ivory acrylic paint.  The lamp post die cut was adhered, and the sentiment from Hero Arts was stamped in red for a pop of color.  The card base is also gray to compliment the scene.


I'm also linking this card up to two challenges:

(1) The current Muse: Christmas Visions #90, where any holiday card can be linked up!

(2) The Happy Little Stampers December Anything Goes with Dies Challenge -- I used two dies on my card (the lamp post and the wonky stitched rectangle).


I can't wait to see how you interpret the GRAY cue card this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Mary B.

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

12 comments:

  1. Dear Judy its looong time ago I visiting your blog...today I must..wanna tell Amazing design..May I CASE ing dear Judy...Love tjus design for a card for my DH..it looks manly and adorable design..LOVE♡♡ hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous winter wonderland scene, Judy! The shades of gray are so pretty and I love how you added a small pop of color...Such a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosen the perfect sentiment for your card Judy! This is a wonderfully peaceful scene. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous peaceful scene, Judy! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know gray skies could be so beautiful! I love this scene, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy. I LOVE this card. I love the layout, the die cuts and the detail. I would love to know whose lamp post that is. Tim Holtz? I am also a Jersey girl (South Brunswick) and I have been loving the snow while Christmas decorations are up. Not loving it so much while my 18 year olds go out driving, but it's all part of the plan I guess. Would you please let me know where the lamp post comes from? slan.zal@verizon.net Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I will email you but in case anyone else is interested, it is from a My Favorite Things die set called "Streetlights."

      Delete
  7. Oh and thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers December Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card!! Never would have thought to use Antique Linen for the moon. This card makes me want to stroll in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Gorgeous Christmas card..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stamper's- Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy