Saturday, December 31, 2016

Mini Christmas Cards

Hello, friends!  I am really enjoying Christmas vacation and can't believe it is already New Year's Eve!  Time flies when you are having fun!

I wanted to share a project with you that I worked on all day yesterday.  I was inspired to make a lot of mini Christmas cards (measuring three inches square) to have on hand for next Christmas season.  I had a few in my stash that I had purchased a few years ago, and we used them all this year.  They are a great size for teacher gift bags, pollyanna gifts, etc., especially when you don't need a full sized card.

I decided to look online to see if I could find envelopes this size, and sure enough I did!  (Thank you, Amazon!)


The best part about this whole project is that I didn't buy any new supplies!  Everything I used -- from papers to stamps to stickers to due cuts -- I already had in my stash of supplies.  Boy, it sure feels good to use your stuff!

Here is the total mini card haul...thirty-one cards!


Most of the cards have a holiday messade inside, although I left some blank.  This was a great way to use up some busy patterned papers!  Here are some closer shots:














(These are awaiting some embellishment, I didn't decide what I want on them yet!)

I am so happy to have accomplished this before next Christmas arrives...I tend to feel my most creative after Christmas is over and I can finally find some time to relax and play!  Just when everyone is starting their Valentine's Day cards, I'm finally in the mood to make some Christmas cards!  :)

Thanks for sticking with me though a long post.  Best wishes for a very happy, healthy new year!  I can't believe that I started this blog on New year's Day in 2011... that means I am starting my seventh year of blogging!  Thank you for coming along for the ride with me!

Take good care,
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant collection, love them all.. Wonderful sentiment on one May the gift of the seasons fill your heart with joy . That is so beautiful. Good to see your so organised, must try the same. My daughter in law has placed orders for gift tags and small cards for next year already. Welcome to 2017 hugs Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea and I love that you found envelopes to fit!! These are all fantastic Judy. You are going to be so pleased with yourself next December!! Thank you so much for your blogging and design team friendship over the past year. Your work inspires me with each visit to your blog. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! I am definitely going to have to try this. I am always feeling to stressed by the time for Christmas cards rolls around and I never seem to have enough!!! Thanks for the great inspiration!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever and organized. You do keep busy. I love following all your posts and getting new ideas.
    Happy New Year Judy,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy