Tuesday, June 2, 2015

CASology #149: VINTAGE

Hello, friends!  I'm back with our next CASology cue card!


I couldn't help but use some old Hero Arts stamps that are definitely "vintage" in my mind!  I stamped the lady first, then masked the image and stamped the two background images in Soft Wheat shadow ink.  I colored her face with Copics (and later went back and colored in the rest of her neck...it was bothering me!).

Stamps Used:
Hero Arts "Women in Fancy Hats" (LL778)
Hero Arts "Manuscript Background" (H2141)
Hero Arts "Film Background Block" (C2517)



There are lots of ways to go with the cue this week!  Be sure to link up your VINTAGE card by noon on Monday (Central time). Check out the cool cards by the Design Team and Guest Designer this week, too!

Guest Designer: Kelly

Our Wonderful Sponsor: Waffle Flower 
Thanks for visiting,
Judy

13 comments:

  1. Just the perfect dab of rouge, Judy!!! Love this Vintage stamp ... I may have a few of my own?!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so elegant, isn't she? I have always been intrigued by that era, and those beautiful hats take on a life of their own. Love how you have used your masking too. Always an inspiration, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. Love the elegance of it and the Art Deco theme

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic vintage image! Love the film strip behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous card, Judy! I love how you softly colored the image and your background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect image for the challenge Judy! I like her fancy head scarf and dangling earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's fantastic in that hat! Love the background in the soft yellowy color too. Great vintage image, and great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful vintage image, and I love how you have added depth with the masked background stamping. Great job with the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your interpretation on the challenge - stunning image and love the background you've created xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect images and layered to perfection! And I giggled that you had to go back and colour in the neck - that's so something I would do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So perfectly vintage, Judy! I love the image you chose!!! I smiled thinking about your coloring dilemma. Sounds just like me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Judy!! Awesome card. Your image is classic vintage. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy