Tuesday, June 30, 2015

CASology #153: POP

Hello, friends!  I think we are in for a bit of a challenge this week at CASology...check out our new cue card for the week!


My mind raced when I saw the cue "POP."  Soda pop.  Popping bubbles.  Grandpop. Pop music.  Pop culture.  How on earth do you make a card using any of those ideas...or at least a card you might actually send to someone?

Then I came across this adorable image ("Kitty with Balloon") by our awesome sponsor, Serendipity Stamps.  What is more certain to pop than a balloon held by a cat? That sure sounds risky to me!  :)

I stamped the image on white card stock, colored the image with Copics and paper-pieced the balloon with the same paper I used on the inside of the card.  I then fussy-cut the image and adhered it to the white card front, die cutting the bottom corner using a Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 1" die (also purchased through Serendipity Stamps).  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment on the same curve as my card.  



Stamps by Serendipity Stamps and Hero Arts


Be sure to link up your POP card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by our Design Team and Guest Designer this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Conil

Our Wonderful Sponsor: Serendipity Stamps

This will be my last post for several weeks...I'll be taking a blogging break this month to spend time off with my family.  I'll be back to blogging by the end of the month...see you then!
Thanks for visiting,
Judy

10 comments:

  1. I had to think for a minute how this related to pop, but I got there! Love this - what a clever cut on the front of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic--of course that balloon will pop very soon when the cat plays with it. Love your coloring and the way you did the bottom edge of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Judy and I love the stitched die. I agree this may be a difficult cue word. Have a great 4th. : ) Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's gonna pop! So cute! I hope you're having a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the balloon is a super fun POP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, Judy! And, what a clever take on the Cue Card...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea to use the kitty and balloon! Your card is just Adorable, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, you made me laugh with this one - of course that poor balloon's day in the sun is going to be short-lived! Never would have thought of that! This is such a sweet birthday card! I love your curved card-base with its patterned paper peeping out, or should I say 'popping' out! I hope that you have a lovely break with your kids. Hope they are fighting fit again soon and the weather warms up. Sunshine heals everything, if it shines often enough! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! And LOVE your take on the word "pop" - so clever!! The way the card opens is so neat - love the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Judy!! Your card is so cute. I love that cat and the shape of the card. You did a great job on this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy