Friday, March 30, 2012

In Sympathy and Friendship

Hello, friends!  I know I have been away for a while, and I am sorry I have not been by to visit.  In addition to the usual spring craziness, our entire family had a nasty stomach virus, and we suffered a crushing loss in our extended family.  My husband's cousin David was killed in a car accident -- he was 38-years-old and leaves behind a wife and two young daughters.  He was a gentle soul, a generous, kind, good-humored man.  It has not been a good two weeks.  However, we are a faith-filled family, and with Holy Week and Easter approaching we can find comfort in the fact that God knows our deepest suffering and can transform it into good. 

With that in mind, I am sharing a sympathy card I made for David's wife and children.  I wanted to participate in the current challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such to use an embossing folder and at least one item from their shop.  I used several items from their shop (found HERE) and will link them below. 

Classy Cards 'n Such is a hidden gem in my book, and their shop is growing.  Beverly is a sweetheart and her customer service is awesome!  Check out the store and the blog when you get a chance.


Here is my card.  I first used the Daisy Flourish embossing folder and sanded it so the card's white core would be revealed.  The label was made using  a Spellbinder's Fancy Tags die, and the sentiment is an MSE! sympathy sentiment from a set very similar to this.  I stamped the Hero Arts envelope background on the label and did some distressing as well.  The black rhinestones were applied to the card and the Prima flowers for a finishing touch.

I hope you will consider breaking out your embossing folders and entering some cards in this challenge...you have until April 5th to enter, and you could win a $10 gift certificate to their shop!  I have a few items on my wish list...like THIS 9x12 magnetic storage folder for my Spellbinder dies.  I could use  a bunch of those!

Thanks for stopping by...  not sure when I'll be back again, especially with Holy Week and Easter next week.  (Lots of cantoring at church services, lots of family get-togethers, and spring break after that!) 

Stay well until next time,
Judy

15 comments:

  1. Oh Judy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. Such a tragedy. I am sure your lovely card will be greatly appreciated. I will keep your family in my prayers. Sending hugs!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy, such a lovely card for such news...I can't imagine how his young family are feeling right now.
    I'm sure your card will bring comfort to them :0)
    hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this tragic news, Judy! I know David's wife will love this card you've made for her. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I, too, am sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. So very sad! I'm sure his family will appreciate your lovely card!

    Thanks for your kind words about my shop and for playing along in our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's cousin and feel for you, your family and his family. I'll be praying for all of you.

    Your card is beautiful! I really like the sanded embossed flourishes. So pretty. I'm sure David's wife will truly appreciate it.

    Take care and Happy Easter. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sad, Judy. He was so young - my heart goes out to his wife and children. Life is so unfair at times. Your card for the family is beautiful. Sending you hugs . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear about your husband's cousin... i'm sure that your lovely card will bring them some comfort during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your loss Judy...your card will be a little bright spot in their time of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Judy. My deepest sympathy to you and your family on your loss....

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences to you and your cousin's family - what a terrible thing to experience. :(
    Your card is so beautiful, and I'm sure it'll help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is very pretty, wish it was for a happier occasion.
    thank you for playing in the Classy Card'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card....what sad sad news. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Judy, I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers for your family. Your card is absolutely beautiful. The soft colors are perfect for a sympathy card and I love your sanded embossing. Thank you for playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear for your loss. Your card is beautiful. :) Have a wonderful Easter, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to hear about your families loss Judy! This is the perfect sympathy card which I know will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy