Monday, April 2, 2012

Playing Favorites!

Hello, friends!  Just stopping by with a card I made for the very first ever challenge at A Blog Named Hero ...we have been challenged to make a card using some of our favorite Hero Arts stamps.  This comes after a wonderful week of previews by some extremely talented ladies...you MUST check out this new blog if you like Hero Arts products at all...and really, how could you NOT

Now, ladies, this is a difficult challenge, mainly because I have so MANY favorites!  However, I reached for the stamps I use the most and here is what happened:


Of course I reached for the Clouds (no pun intended!) for the sky, the Designer Woodgrain on the fence, the Envelope Pattern on the grass, and one of the sweet little girls from the Sweet Wonderful You set as the main image, cut out and popped up.  The flowers behind the fence are from an old HA woodblock stamp called "Three Gems" with I stamped and re-stamped after coloring with markers.  I plan on giving this card to my niece for Easter (I stamped the Happy Easter sentiment from the Celebrate Everyday set on the inside).  The grass and fence punches are by Martha Stewart.

See her popped up?  Even the gem in her headband flower is from Hero Arts!

By the way, this girl image is the first ever image I've colored with my new Copic markers!  Yes, I resisted for a long time but I have officially taken the plunge into the world of Copics.  (Special thanks to all who have answered my questions regarding best color choices for skin, cheeks, grass, hair, etc.!)

I will also be entering this card in the current Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" Challenge, where my card will be something like the the 925th entry!  (Yikes!)

That's it for me today...thanks for stopping by!
Judy

P.S.  Thanks for all your very kind comments regarding my last post; our family appreciates your well wishes and prayers. 

18 comments:

  1. Judy, what a perfect representation of your favorite Hero Arts stamps! Love this adorable card - and yay for Copics - you colored that sweet image beautifully - I know you'll love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, This is fabulous. You've used so many great stamps on this card. I love every bit of it. Your coloring is fabulous on that little girl. I have that set but I'm terrified to color it. :)

    I was sorry to read about the death in your family. Sending prayers and virtual hugs your way. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 of my favorite backgrounds for sure, judy :) thanks for entering your sweet card into our challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, I am so sorry to read your sad news (the previous post). My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family.
    I love your card, it looks amazing. Good luck with the challenge, I agree with you as I have loads of favourite HA stamps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy! I love how you've incorporated so many sweet stamps into this one card :)
    Also, ditto Paula. I am really sorry to hear about your family loss. I'll keep you all in my thoughts XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I know how you feel. I have so many HA fans too! :) I love your card. Love the clouds and the fence and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card, Judy! I must find some time to play. It will be hard to decide what stamp(s) to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Judy! You have done such a great job coloring this as well as using several wonderful HA stamps! And you are going to loveCopics. Like you, I held off on making that investment for a really long time....didn't get them until last fall but boy oh boy, now that I have some I can't stop playing with them! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very cute! I love the texture you stamped on the grass, it just adds a little something extra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card, Judy! I love all the texture on your grass and fence! I see some of my faves here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cuteness all round on this little card, love it.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely! I adore how you used the gemstone on her headband (every girl needs a little bling right?!)

    Thank you so much for playing :)

    Good luck!

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable little card Judy!! Good luck to you with the challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Judy this is as sweet as can be!!! I know what you mean about choosing just a few favorite HA stamps:) Very sorry to hear about your loss - you and your family are in my thoughts. I hope you have a blessed Easter:) Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh she is so sweet Judy! I have not seen her for some time. Wishing you a Happy Easter Judy. Sorry I have not been around for a while. Going back to check your previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love those clouds, so cute!! and the woodgrain is one of my faves too :)

    xo, Kristina
    Visiting from A Blog Named Hero
    Please stop by and say hello :)
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy