Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patty's Day is on the way!

Hello, friends!  I happened to see that the Create blog is calling for its newest challenge to submit St. Patrick's Day cards, so I got busy this weekend and made not one but TWO cards.  I have a few others in the works because I like sending out cards to all my nieces and nephews for this holiday.  Hey, I may only be half Irish (my mother's family came from County Leitrim), but I'm ALL Irish on March 17th!

First up: a layered and embossed card using all Hero Arts stamps:


Next up, a one-layer card with masking.  I used some old Hero Arts stamps along with a current background and sentiment.  The shamrocks were paper-pieced using a $1 Studio G stamp I found at the local craft store, and I added the black gems for a little punch; the shamrock on the right is popped up for dimension. 


I have always loved St. Patrick's Day...and the funny Irish blessings and quotes that abound (e.g., "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows your dead!").  Check out THIS website if you want to find lots of info about St. Patrick's Day.  Here is a pretty blessing that I'll end this post with, my friends:


May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Take care,
Judy

6 comments:

  1. Cute cards, both of them (that shamrock is cute paper-pieced)! Wow, the year is flying if it's almost St. Pat's Day!! Thanks, Judy, for your kind comments at my blog....they are so apprecciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, Judy! I know your family loves getting them. Good luck with the Create subs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute st. patty's day card, judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great St. Patty's Day cards Judy! I especially like the paper pieced shamrocks on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great St. Pat's day cards Judy! I love the embossed one. And thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are wonderful Judy! I bet your nieces and nephews love getting these cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy