Friday, January 28, 2011

Inspired by Jennifer McGuire

I mean, really, who isn't?  I hope she is having fun at CHA right now, while I sit here in cold New Jersey watching snowflakes blow around outside...again. 

I do love my Fridays off...its about the only time I can make cards and/or sit at the computer uninterrupted and get anything done!  Anyway, today I wanted to post a card I made inspired by one of Jennifer's cards seen at her blog here.  I love these wildflowers, and I love what she did with them in blue.  I tried my hand at it with pink, and here is the result:

Hero Arts Stamps Used:  (K5404) Wild Flowers, (CG245) Classic Fabric Design; (CG125) Friend Definition

I love Jennifer's style...so clean and fresh.  Thanks to you, Jennifer, for inspiring us with your talent, creativity, and willingness to share your time, talents and teasures with us! 

I admit I am always a little behind in acquiring stamps...I watch them, study how other people use them, and feel certain I'd really use them before I go ahead and order (my drawers are quite full, so I want to make sure they will be loved!).  I knew right away that I needed to have that fabric background, and the friend definition is also a new favorite.  I have a few other new favorites that I can't wait to ink up...stay tuned!

OK, friends, that's it for today.  Take good care!
Judy

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this in pink, Judy! What did you use to color the flowers? Beautiful shades of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Judy! Love all the different shades of pink and the wonderful watercolor effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful! I totally can see Jennifer's inspiration, but you made it your very own! Love this, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jennifer is a great inspiration to many of us! I totally love your beautiful card with the flowers in pink! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow there girlfriend. This is amazingly created and Jennifer would be so proud of you. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy