Monday, November 19, 2018

Sharing Projects from Make It Merry Bayonne

Hello, friends!

For those of you who follow me on Instagram you know that I was lucky enough to attend Cheiron Brandon's "Make It Merry!" holiday card making event in Bayonne, NJ on Saturday, November 10th.  We had a great day -- I met some very lovely ladies, and I came home with a bag of finished holiday cards and some new stamps to play with!


While I know lots of people do these classes, I must admit that it was my first. With four teens, my weekends are usually booked solid, but this time the stars aligned and I was able to go. (What a wonderful early Christmas present from my darling husband!) I'm already going to plan to go next year...anyone in the New Jersey/New York/Delaware area interested in joining me?  Think about it!

This will be a picture-heavy post...feel free to scroll quickly if needed!

First up, all the cards we made. We made lots of fun projects using stamps and dies from fun companies such as Concord & 9th, Neat and Tangled, Lawn Fawn, Hero Arts, Tim Holtz, Flora & Fauna and Avery Elle.  We made 15 cards in all...and each one is different.

In addition to this being my first card making class, I also made my first shaker card and used my first turnabout stamp set! How about that?  Here are all the cards we made:


Here are close-ups of some (not all) of the cards I made:



(My first shaker card!)




(I'm definitely adding a candy cane to this card!)






Now some fun pictures...the Bridge Art Gallery was a really sweet space, and the ladies who filled it were even sweeter!  Here are some pics from the day.







(I totally cherish this name tag handwritten by Danielle of Neat and Tangled!)

(Our goodies from the very generous Concord & 9th and Hero Arts!)

(My awesome table-mates!)




(So happy to meet Danielle from Neat and Tangled!)

(Thrilled to be with Danielle and Cheiron...such sweethearts!)

I have to admit, I came home from this event on such a high! I still feel so happy and energized when I think about my day of crafting with fellow card makers. What a joy it was to make cards all day with such a fun group of amazing women. I'm so grateful I was able to go!

In case you are interested in the stamp sets and dies we used for our cards, I have linked most products below.  Thanks again for hanging in there for a very long post!
Take good care,
Judy

Links to most of the stamps/dies we used:
Avery Elle - Burst Elle-ments die
Concord & 9th - Merry & Bright die
Concord & 9th - Snowflakes Turnabout
Flora & Fauna - Flamingo Holiday Set and dies
Flora & Fauna - Unicorn Ice Castle stamps and dies
Flora & Fauna - Animal Sweaters Set and dies
Hero Arts - Naughty Elves stamps and dies
Hero Arts - Very Merry Tree Fancy Die
Lawn Fawn - Gingerbread Friends dies
Lawn Fawn - Winter Skies stamps and dies
Lawn Fawn - Reverse Stitched Scalloped Circle Window die
Neat & Tangled - Angel Wings stamps and dies
Neat and Tangled - Falling Stars
Neat and Tangled - Snow Fun stamps and dies
Neat and Tangled - Penguin Treat Holder die
Neat and Tangled - Fa La La Cover Plate die
Tim Holtz Sizzix Lumber 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz Sizzix Layered Holiday Wreath Bigz Die With Texture

3 comments:

  1. Wow - wish we had such a great event here!
    All your cards looks brilliant!!
    Greetings from Germany Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun and what a sweet gift from your hubby! It looks like a cute shop too. Your cards are all wonderful. Bravo on your first shaker card, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy