Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Santa Has Some Favorites

Hello, friends! As my week off continues, I want to share a card for two current challenges:

(1) The CAS Christmas November Challenge calls for a clean and simple card featuring Santa.


(2)  The current challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #317 is to "Make Your Mark" and, in this case, I made my mark with distress inks and lots of Copic markers!



For my card, I die cut a white panel and stamped the Whipper Snapper Designs Santa image and My Favorite Things sentiment. Next,  I colored Santa with Copic markers and masked the image in order to add blue distress ink to the sky.  The sequins were the final touch.


Supplies:
Stamps: Whipper Snapper (Magical Santa); MFT (Jingle All the Way)
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Oxide (Tumbled Glass), Copic markers
Other: Wonky Stitched Rectangles die, sequins 


While I was at it, I made another version of this card. This time I used all the same materials but I changed the placement and color of the sequins.


I have always loved this Santa image by Whipper Snapper Designs. If you get the chance, you should check out the whole collection of Christmas images at their shop HERE.  They are all so cute!

As always, thank you for stopping by!
Judy

7 comments:

  1. Your coloring is FANTASTIC! LOVE the Santa and your FAB coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cutie! I love the sentiment on this card, so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, He's adorable. Now you are making me want to put in a whipper snapper order. Great colouring and love the Christmasy sequins. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is one jolly St. Nick!! This Santa makes me smile. Great colouring Judy!! I agree, Whipper Snapper has the most adorable images ... and lots that are for Christmas. :) Thanks for sharing this adorable card with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santa is so sweet and so beautifully colored, Judy! Love how the soft blue around him really makes him stand out! Great arrangement of sequins both ways! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a jolly Santa, Judy! I love how you combined him with that great sentiment - he really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Santa and the colouring. Magnificent colouring!!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy