Tuesday, August 15, 2017

CASology #262: PRICKLY

Hello, friends!  Things are getting a bit prickly this week at CASology!


My first thought was of a prickly heat rash, but I can't think of any good reason to make a card for that occasion!  Next thing that came to mind was a prickly cactus, but I don't have a cactus stamp (I know that is hard to believe, they are so IN right now).  Then I thought of the many times I have handled roses and their prickly thorns...and that is what inspired my card, using a pretty digi image and sentiment from our sponsor, STAMPlorations.


I printed the cup of roses digi image onto white card stock, then die cut it so the image would be in the bottom right corner.  I stamped the sentiment from the "Fond Expressions 2" set in the upper left corner for balance.  The image was water colored using distress inks, and I added a gray base using a Copic marker.

While my image was offered as a free digi image during a Coffee Lover's Blog Hop some time ago, there is a clear stamp of this same image in the "A Cup of Roses" set.

I'm going to link this card up to the current STAMPlorations Summer CAS Card Challenge as well as the STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge.

  

I can't wait to see how you interpret the cue card this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). Check out the Guest Designer and Design Team blogs for more PRICKLY inspiration!

Guest Designer: Amy R.

Our Sponsor This Week: STAMPlorations




Thanks for visiting,
Judy

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Judy! I love the soft, pretty colors and the splattered background! This reminds me...I need to go prune my roses! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a former florist I know just how prickly those rose thorns can be!! This little teacup of roses is so pretty Judy and I love the colors! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teacup of roses stopped me in my tracks, Judy! Your watercoloring is perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Judy! The image is lush & the coloring absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy