Tuesday, January 13, 2015

CASology #129: NBUS

Hello, friends!  Welcome back for a new cue card at CASology!  This week we are combining challenges with Darnell Knauss' NBUS ("Never Before Used Schtuff") Challenge.  How fun!  If you play along, be sure to link up your card to both challenges!

  Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

Well, as it happens every year, I received many crafty items for my birthday and Christmas (two days apart), so at this moment I have a LOT of "never before used schtuff" in my craft room!  I love Darnell's challenge because it feels good to break open some of these new toys and put them to good use!

I made several cards for this cue card, and they are a continuation of a set of cards I posted HERE.  This time around I used two new (to me) stamp sets from Precious Remembrance Shop and a set of $1.50 thank you notes from Michael's.


For my first card, I inked up the washi tape stamps (from the Border Tape #1 set) to make a symmetrical, evenly-balanced one layer card.  (Yes, I have a thing for symmetry.)



For my next card, I inked up the feather image and splatters (from the DIY set) and stamped them directly over the sentiment.



For my third card in the set, I simply stamped the arrows (from the DIY set) black ink and colored them in with Copics.  Easy peasy!



Here they are together:


I am also linking up these cards to Virginia's View Challenge #11: Clean Slate.  They are all one-layer cards with lots of white space and some layered stamping.  I do love this style!


I'm also playing along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: "Something New."  These stamps are new to me!


Finally, I'm entering these cards into the Less Is More Week 206 "One Layer Challenge" with the theme of new beginnings.  I hope this is the beginning of many times I use these stamp sets!



Be sure to link up your card using some never before used schtuff  by noon on Monday (Central time). Be sure to tell us what you used that was new...and link up to both challenges!  You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest of Honor, Darnell herself, interpreted the cue this week!

Guest of Honor: Darnell
Guest Designer: Ashwini
Thanks for visiting,
Judy

34 comments:

  1. Fantastic set of cards, Judy! Love the fresh, pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Judy, I thought your card was actual washi tape, so I am very impressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you have done here! These, and the others you did for VV. I love how unique they each are, but still belong to a set by the way you have arranged their colours! I would love to try this sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those three cards, they really pop ! Happy New Year too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the coolest washi tape stamps, Judy, and I love your symmetrical design with them! I also love your other two wonderful CAS designs in the set!! Thank you very much for your kind words! It's so fun to be joining our two challenges this week and I appreciate that you linked your pretty set to my NBUS Challenge #3!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy, your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! Beautiful stamping and coloring and such great examples of the 'perfect' one layer card! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These 3 are awesome, and I love how they continue the set you started over at Virginia's. I thought the washi tape was real--how convenient to have them as a stamp--unlimited colors for starters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've taken a one layer challenge and turned it into a thing of beauty... now why is it I struggle so much with that style? Just fabulous, Judy...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....more one layer beauties from you! I adore EACH transformation of these! You knock this challenge out of the ball park, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you've really given your nbus supplies a good try out and live your take on the challenge
    Thanks for sharing and taking part
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  11. More 'thank you' prettiness, Judy ... these are just so lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love, love, love how you used the PRS stamps, judy!! each card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosemary took the words right out of my mouth!! Judy these are so pretty, each and every one a little work of art! I adore the feather card, so simple yet so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, these cards are just WONDERFUL! Great use of PR stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... Judy, these are amazing! Can't believe you began with the blank cards! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three awesome cards Judy! I love the washi tape stamp, must get that once I use up all the washi I have. Your feather with teh splatter and he chevrons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Judy!! I love all of your cards. All of them are so neat and CAS. You did a great job of this take. I want to try to recreate your cards. NIce!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards Judy - very CAS - just how I like it!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicely done, so CAS and cute! You definitely showed us "less is more"!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Judy I love how you used existing cards and I will see if I can find some. I will use this idea with my class which I am teaching on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy, your cards are gorgeous and such a great way to gussy up some simple thank you notes. I love them all but the second one is my favourite - your rock n roll technique on the feather is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these so much Judy, PERFECT CAS loveliness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Judy what a fab collection of cards, love the Copic coloured chevrons but hard to pick a favourite!
    Thank you for taking part at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad to see you used the thank you notes from Michels. I have them, too. :) Every card looks so pretty! Well done, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully simple and simply beautiful Judy! Love them! Thank you for the inspiration on CASology! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a super bunch of cards Judy!
    All terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are all amazing!! I especially love the feather splatter look! and I love the textured card stock you selected! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a perfectly, simply beautiful set of personalized note cards, Judy! They look like they came that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are simple and beautiful Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooooh love these Judy, those stamps are fab and you used them really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. ps ... I just pinned one of these gorgeous cards ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy