Wednesday, September 25, 2013

UWYH #17 - Gratitude

Hello, friends!  Just stopping by with a card I made for the latest Use What You Have Challenge #17 at the Sweet Stamp Shop!


Here is the inspirational sketch/color combo...I loosely followed the color combo for my card this week.



So, the stash this time around involves my growing collection of patterned paper scraps.  I have them in bags and the bags in drawers, no particular system of organizing other than by size.


I started to play with my Fall Gratitude set, stamping the gratitude sentiment (which I love) in various colors and coloring the heart with different Copic markers.  I had a little fun and highlighted the inside of each closed letter with a glitter pen.



I die cut the sentiment, then added another sentiment to the card base (from the God Bless America set).  As a final touch I drew intersecting lines with my Sakura "Clear Star" gelly roll pen.

The end result? 


 Can you see the sparkle?





I'm also entering this card in the current Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge this week.



I do enjoy using my stash for these Sweet Stamp Shop challenges! 
Thanks for stopping by,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. Judy I almost used that background stamp the other day. I love it so much. It's the perfect backdrop for your beautiful card. The Sakura Star Gelly Roll pen looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Judy! Love the colour combination, and the subtle sparkly background. So pretty! You've inspired to me play in the SSS challenge once again. Have a fabulous Thursday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bits of sparkle are such a pretty detail Judy!! Love the banner design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the sparkle and I love it! I also love this sentiment! Isn't it so true! Lovely, soft colors and pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh! So pretty and sparkly! Awesome colors. Love how 'soft' it looks. Really like this one, Judy. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft, pretty card Judy! Love the colours, and the banners...swoon! Definitely adding to my 'inspiration' list for a down the road case. Thanks for sharing,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love all of the sparkle! Very pretty!! Great design too!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! I love the hints of sparkles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy