Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop: Designer Spotlight #1

Hello, friends!  I'm here today with my very first edition of what we will call "Designers Spotlight" for the Sweet Stamp Shop.  Twice each month I will spotlight a favorite designer in our crafty industry, share some of his/her work, and create a Sweet Stamp Shop card or two using his/her designs as inspiration.   Be sure to head over to the Sweet Stamp Shop blog to check it out.  Here we go!

My PhotoMy first designer spotlight is none other than Heather Campbell of Parker & Molly fame!  Heather has a fabulous blog and has many, many cards published in both Paper Crafts Magazine and Cards magazine.  Oh, did I mention that she was both Stamping Royalty and in the Top 10 of Gallery Idol at Paper Crafts Magazine in 2012?  This is all on the side...by day she is a full-time Manufacturing Engineer for one the world's top aerospace manufacturing companies!  This young lady has LOTS of skill and works magic with stamps, let me tell ya!  Be sure to visit her blog HERE for lots of inspiration.



I have always adored Heather's style...so perfectly clean and simple and wonderful!  I mean, check out this card...perfect lines, angles, soft colors, interest. Yum!



Here is how it inspired me using the Kiss Me set from Sweet Stamp Shop:



Image 1


OK, thought that was good?  Check out THIS amazing card by Heather...I love the symmetry and patterns!



Here is where I went with it using my Sweet Stamp Shop supplies:



I used Sweet Stamp Shop Fall Gratitude, the heart from Kiss Me, and the arrow in Made By #2 to make my my card:

Image 1

 



OK, one last inspiring card by Heather (although I could go on and on, I had to stop myself!).  Isn't this graphic card fun?



I saw this card and immediately thought of our new release set, Super Mom.
I paired up the stamps with some sequins and sparkly Perfect Pearls mist for some shine!



 

Isn't it amazing how we can inspire each other?  Big sweet THANKS to Heather Campbell for allowing me to spotlight her this week!  Be sure to visit her blog HERE and give her some love...I'll bet you will be inspired by her work, too!

For lots more inspiration and information, be sure to check out the Sweet Stamp Shop blog.  We are still celebrating our September Release, too! 

Did you know we also have a Facebook page and an awesome Flickr group you can join?  So many great cards to check out!  Be sure to upload your cards to the group...share and inspire us!  The Sweet Stamp Shop Pinterest page has a board for each stamp set (seen HERE).  The ideas are endless out there...be sure to check it out and be inspired!

Have a sweet day,
Judy

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards by Heather, but I love your takes on them as well! These are such fun stamp sets! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards! What a great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the work you're doing on this DT, Judy! All three of your CASEs are amazing but I especially love how you used the tree top to create the border on the second card. So cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm absolutely giddy with delight that you've commented on my Hello card; words can't express how delighted I am, with your words that are warm, encouraging and uplifting! While Heather's card was the 'motivation' for my card, it was your series of marvelous 'takes' that convinced me to give it a try! Your creativity = inspiration+++ Thanks so much, Judy; a cascade of sparkles added to my day!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, well, this comment just added a cascade of sparkles to MY day as well! I do hope you will join us again next week to use what you have in your stash and have some fun with us at the Sweet Stamp Shop!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy