Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cards That Care Week - Day Three!

Hello, friends!  Back again for day three of my very own "Cards That Care Week!"  Today I have two similar cards to share...with one subtle difference between them.

I will also be entering these cards into the current Hero Arts monthly challenge since I blinged it up again with the ultra-fine glitter.  I just can't resist using it... it adds so much punch to a card!


Both cards use the same Hero Arts stamps: retired "Watercolor Poinsettia" and "Season's Greetings Message," Flower Plate cling, along with Shabby Shutters distress ink and Marvy markers.  Here is the first card:



Here is the second card...can you tell the difference?


You've probably figured it out...I inked up the poinsettia stamp with markers, spritzed it with water and stamped it for the first card.  Then, without re-inking, I spritzed it again and re-stamped it on the second card.  That second imprint is much more subtle and soft...I'm not sure which I like better.

Here is a close-up of the glitter on the first card...


Be sure to check back to Vera's blog for the winner list from the blog hop...the winner list is being posted today!

That does it for today...I'll be back tomorrow with a fun little number!
Take care,
Judy

5 comments:

  1. I tend to forget about secondary stamping, but am reminded by you of what a fabulous effect you can get from it. I actaully like the second more subtle one better! Thanksfor sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you were one of the winners! Yippee for you, Judy! Love both cards today! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty poinsettia, Judy. I like how the notched corners of the card match the corners of the stamped rectangle. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so pretty Judy and I love the touch of sparkle too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sparkle Judy and I am thrilled that you were a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy