Sunday, February 6, 2011

90-Minute Scramble Card

Hello, friends!  Just a quick post to share a card I made for a 90-Minute Scramble Challenge over at Hero Arts.  The theme was to make a birthday card using more than one fold in the card.  I made a birthday card using the "gate fold."  After I cut and folded the card stock, I randomly stamped images from the "Birthday Messages" clear set using Soft Rose shadow ink and added some Spun Sugar distress ink around the edges.  I stamped the sentiment using Punch chalk ink, then stamped the friend definition over it using the Soft Rose shadow ink.  I have a stash of water-colored butterflies, so I pulled one out and adhered it with a glue dot, drew the antennae, bent the wings up, and added some black gems for the body.     

Hero Arts Stamps Used:  (F2361) Smiles & Laughter, (E5388) Traditional Butterfly,
(CL139) Birthday Messages, (CG125) Friend Definition

I was inspired to use these colors by a beautiful plant I received yesterday (as a thank you for helping with my daughters' Broadway Kids show).  These flowers really brought some some much-needed cheer considering the ground outside is still covered in snow.  I can't wait until spring!  Here are pictures of the card along with my inspiration:
                    

Well, that's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by...take good care!
Judy 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous, so many wonderful, spring time colors, such a happy card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you received a beautiful, yellow Primula, (or Primrose) Judy! Love those sweet plants! Your card is so pretty! Sounds like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy