Tuesday, February 23, 2016

CASology #186: DISTRESS

Hello, friends!  I'm back today with our next cue card at CASology.  Trust me, there are lots of ways to interpret this one!


I had two inspiring thoughts when I made my card.

My first thought went immediately to the Tim Holtz distress inks that I love to use to create masked backgrounds.  (A few spritzes of water always add a little interest, too!)

I also thought about an early morning incident that occurred a few days ago between my neighbor's dog and a skunk...that poor dog was definitely in distress!  Although I didn't see exactly what happened, I sure heard that poor dog barking frantically and I could smell the results when I went out to take the kids to school.  Phew!

Since our sponsor this week is Lawn Fawn, I played with a cute set that was included in a recent order.


I can't wait to see how you interpret DISTRESS in your clean and simple card creations!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). While you're at it, check out the blogs of our guest designer and design team for more inspiration!

Guest Designer: Ann

Our Sponsor This Week:  Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Judy. Love your coloring and pretty sponged background. As the mama of a dog who has gotten into way too many skirmishes with our local skunk population, I can totally relate to your story. When will my dopy puppy learn that he is NEVER the winner in those situations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ups, sorry to read the story and the end of it!
    Your card is so cute, as always!! I love the efect of the inlaid stitched circle and the soft background. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this is so CUTE Judy! What a sweet little skunk...well...if skunks cab be sweet!! Poor little neighbor's dog, I'll bet he was in distress!! Our neighbor's dog got skunked, ran in the house rubbing itself ALL over the couches then up the stairs and into their closet...talk about smelly WOW!! And they were trying to sell their house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so badly for your neighbor's dog...poor little thing! With a dogs' sense of smell, I wonder if it was 10x worse for him :(

    Your card is really cute, Judy! Beautiful blending with your inks on the background, and your coloring is fabulous! Love how you stamped your sentiment in gray, too...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I LOve the little embossed frame you created for this darling distress-anator! Just so darling ... how can they be so cute, and yet so stinky, right?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no the poor dog! So glad we don't have to deal with skulls here. Or porcupines - I've seen the results of dogs getting too close to them!
    As for your card - great minds! Love the way you popped the circle back into place to frame it and that skunk really is pretty cute (even if they're smelly!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is stinkin cute! Great coloring-ink blending on this Judy! The transition between the two colors is seamless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy so cute, I love your colouring and that stinky little critter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, that's too funny, Judy! I have never seen a skunk 'in the flesh', and mercifully haven't smelt one. Sounds like I've been fortunate!! ;-). Love how you inlaid that circle back in the card front. That double-edged stitching looks so smart, and your colouring of what must be the cutest skunk, is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super cute card Judy and I love the story. Sometimes we have to read the blog to connect the dots. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy