Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Card Concept: Two Krafty Santas

Hello, friends!  I'm stopping by today with two cards I made for the current The Card Concept Challenge #23: A Krafty Christmas.  Who could resist after seeing THIS?


I made a decision this year regarding my Christmas crafty wish list.  Usually I made a long wish list and order items for my husband to give me for Christmas.  Then, it happens every year...I am overwhelmed with the new haul of goodies I receive on Christmas and I can't do anything with them!  Ugh!  I definitely do better in small increments.  SO...I ordered a few Christmas stamp sets that I want for Christmas, but I already got them and have used them.  (I will give them back to my DH to wrap up for me if he must, but honestly this worked out so much better for me!)

Some people might like to be surprised, but not this Capricorn.  I have control issues, I admit it.  Surprises are not for me. :)

One of the sets I HAD to have before Christmas was this cute set (by Torico/Birdie Brown) at My Favorite Things called Jingle All the Way.  Those Santas are so FUN!  I made two "Clean and Layered" cards using the kraft theme and my fun new stamps:


I love using ultra fine glitter on Santa's furry hat:


I also used a glitter gel pen but it isn't as sparkly:


I hope to make many cards with this fun stamp set.
I appreciate your visit...thanks for stopping by!
Judy  

12 comments:

  1. OMGosh these just make me HAPPY!! I can see why you wanted the Santa's Judy, they're so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo cute, Judy!!! Love! I'm no Capricorn, but I'm an Aries. And I'm not one for surprises either! ;) My husband knows all to well, I don't do good with them. If you ask me, it makes things so much easier! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love both of these adorable cards, Judy! Wonderful design on each one! Love how you used the kraft! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see why you wanted this set, that Santa is the cutest and love all the different poses. You've coloured him perfectly and love him with the kraft card stock. I'm the opposite with my Christmas presents, I don't want to know at all, which is hard because I end up by having to buy them anyway. Maybe when my children are older I will get more surprise presents for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so cute and fun, Judy ... this Santa is just adorable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy I always find inspiration from your cards. First I know we both love embossing folders and I like how you embossed the dsp with the kraft - I have not done that. Second I like the use of complimentary papers and I like the punch you used. Cute stamps. Cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah, those santas are too cute! I love both of these cards so much! Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! Super duper cute!! Adorable cards Judy! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This stamp set has caught my eye too and I love how you used these cute Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, these Santa's are so much fun!!! I love how you used them. Thank you for joining us at the card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judyyyy congrats on being Winners at the card Concept your santa looks fun and cuuteee..the one with little girl is soo soo sweet and you made two cards not only one yeah..congrats girl..I am also so happy my name is there with you on the same winner post...we are two happy girls today...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy