Monday, May 16, 2011

Buttons and Twine Embossed Birthday Card

Hello, friends!  Just stopping by with a card I made for the current CAS-ual Fridays Challenge as well as the current Lily Pad "Embossing" challenge. 


Simply create a new CAS project using buttons AND twine.Bakers twine, jute twine, you can even substitute embroidery floss if you don't own any twine.
And who doesn't love to play with buttons??

Well, I do like buttons (and have lots!) but unfortunately I do not own any of the popular colored twine that most crafters will probably use on their cards.  I do have plain old twine AND embroidery floss, so I used them both.

I embossed the bicycle with dark purple embossing powder (thank you, Joy!) without inking the flowers in the basket...instead, I used buttons with matching floss and drew my own stems with a green marker.   


Materials Used:  Hero Arts (S5215) Clouds, (F5293) Bicycle, (CL139) Birthday Messages, (S5208) Designer Woodgrain; Bazzill Swiss Dots paper in green and yellow; buttons; twine; floss; purple embossing powder; white Inkssentials pen 

Be sure to check out both challenges...lots of great cards being posted!

Have a great day,
Judy

14 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! The colored floss on the little buttons in the basket really gives them a flowery effect! Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CLEVER design, Judy!I love your button sun and twine! The little button flowers in the basket are lovely! This scene is simply delightful! So glad when you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! ♥ I LOVE it! ♥ I LOVE it! ♥ This card is just perfect to me! LOVE the bike ~ I want to find this stamp right now and buy it ~ Absolutely Adorable! And I LOVE what you did with the buttons, twine and floss ~ Super Creative and as cute as can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECTION Judy!!! LOVE this scene and how you used the buttons and twine...good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design, Judy...I love this sweet little bicycle scene! Loving the button sun so much, you are so creative! Thanks for playing in the Lily Pad pond!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy card, Judy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get my hands on a cute little bicycle stamp like yours, very pretty card, love how you used the buttons and twine for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy, this is just brilliant, such a great way to use the buttons and twine. I really love those little flowers in the basket.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stinkin' cute! I am such a fan of bicycle images, and this one is no exception - love the sweet scene that you created!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super super cute! So glad I found you...absolutely adore your work. I have seen that bike used a lot, might have to get it now. :)
    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply adorable!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy this is so sweet. I love your button sun! So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute scene! Love what you did with the buttons and that bicycle is so nice :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute card! I love the buttons as flowers and the colors you used. Thank you for playing with us at lily pad cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy