Tuesday, May 16, 2017

CASology #249: WARM

Hello, friends!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Just in time for the new cue card at CASology.


I used supplies from our sponsor, STAMPlorations, to make my card.  I know I love warm coffee all year round!  You may not notice right away, but I actually cut apart a "Warm Winter Wishes" die sentiment to just use the "warm wishes" portion on my card.  Isn't it great when you can use your seasonal dies for other purposes? I love that!

Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations (Sketchy Coffee Cups); Papr Smooches (Shadows)
Dies: STAMPlorations (Warm Winter Wishes)
Inks: MFT (Black Licorice), Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Barn Door, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Carved Pumpkin)
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folder border (Juli's Garden); DCWV brown glitter card stock


I am also playing along with several challenges today, including the following:

(1) STAMPlorations May CAS Card Challenge with the optional color twist of "feminine colors."



(2)  The Paper Players #344 - A Color Challenge from Claire using the fun colors below; I managed to find a patterned paper in my stash that had all four colors, then I added to it by splattering ink in the same four colors behind the cup:


(3)  CAS Mix Up Card Challenge  for May using this grid (I did stamping + splattering + paper-piecing as well as dry embossing):



I can't wait to see how you interpret the WARM cue card this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Angie

Our Sponsor This Week: STAMPlorations



Thanks for visiting,
Judy

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shery! Thanks for sponsoring our challenge this week!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, there's nothing like a warm cup of coffee...especially in the morning! I love the patterned paper you chose for the cup and your embossed border is fabulous, Judy! As always, you have inspired me to play along again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink both hot and cold coffees year 'round. Love how you've used the cue card, and all those summery colors, and yet this is still perfectly CAS. Such a sweet cup, and the embossing along the side is a wonderful compliment, too. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make the best coffee themed cards Judy! This is super cute. I like the patterned mug and the colorful speckles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Judy, I agree, freshly brewed coffee also makes my day. I can visually see that comforting liquid in your cup :D The splatters make it even more inviting. Love the dry embossed border too, adds more interest. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love the design and use of the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, Judy! Love the paper pieced mug ... such a fun design. The dry embossed border adds lots of texture and LOVE the splatters! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your paper pieced coffee cup, Judy, and the embossing on the side! The splatters add even more fun! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute cup of coffee! love the paper piecing and splatters all around. Thank you for sharing your card with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, I love your patterned mug and fun splatters all around! I love coffee themed cards. SO happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the patterned mug and how your splatters match the colors. The vertical image is a great way to add even more texture. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty!!! I loved the mug so much! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations May CAS Challenge! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy