Tuesday, January 24, 2017

CASology #233: GLISTEN

Hello, friends!  It's that time...a new cue card is up at CASology!


I have several 6x6 pads of glitter paper in my stash, and I love the way die cut images glisten when I use those papers.  They worked especially well with dies such as these little "Chirping Birds" dies from our sponsor, Poppystamps.  I love how the red just pops against the blue sky!  In this scene, I also went for the glistening snow along with my glistening birds.


Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (Friendship Messages); Hero Arts (Long Shadow)
Dies: Poppystamps (Chirping Birds); Memory Box (Resting Birds); Spellbinders 
     (Shapeabilities Mix'd Media Elements) 
Inks: MFT (Black Licorice); Tumbled Glass distress ink; brown Copic marker
Other: red glitter paper; white foam; white Enamel Accents
















Since I used a NBUS die (that cool Spellbinders branch), I'm entering this card into Darnell's Blog Birthaversary NBUS Challenge #9!  Be sure to stop by her blog to check it out as well as to wish her happy 46th wedding anniversary, happy 5th blog birthaversary, and happy 1,000 followers and 1,000 posts!  (Lots to celebrate, that's for sure!)

  

I'm also entering this into the current challenge at AAA Cards: CAS Game #82 - Winter Chill.  These birds could be sitting on this branch in any one of those snowy trees!



So, what does GLISTEN mean to you?  I hope you will play along!  Be sure to link up your GLISTEN card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team interpreted the cue this week...I hope you'll check out their blogs, too!


Our Sponsor This Week: Poppystamps



Thanks for visiting,
Judy

14 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love the snow on the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, saw your neat card on Darnell's NBUS card challenge. Hope you are surviving the bad weather. Stay warm and dry. :) Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty this is, Judy! I love that you used your sparkly papers for all the elements on your design...Such a charming card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cool. Those little birds are sweet, and they really pop against your blue sky. This is a fantastic card! Just love what you've done with 'glisten.' Love this card!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this Judy, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! The robins against the snowy background panel are just adorable. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those glittery red birds are perfect on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have changed the photo in the dictionary next to the word "glisten," Judy, and they have replaced it with this photo of your card!! I so wish I could see this in real life because I imagine it is amazing! Thank you so much for joining in my celebrations and playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Love the effect of the white foam... have never used that product before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So crisp, CAS and beautiful and the perfect take on our winter chill challenge at AAA Cards Judy. thanks so much for playing along with us. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Judy... that dash of blue for a background just sets of the birds and branch perfectly :)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card. Absolutely loving the glitter and the eye catching layout x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just perfection, I simply adore the beauty of this tiny scene a perfect CAScreation especially with the glistening birdies and snow.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Congratulations on the well-deserved win at AAA, Judy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy