Tuesday, January 17, 2017

CASology #232: CUT

Hello, friends!  Welcome to a new week and a new cue card at CASology!


This week our sponsor is STAMPlorations, and they have a great selection of dies (CUTplorations thin metal dies).  They cut so cleanly!  I decided to play with a birthday word die since I seem to make more birthday cards than any other type throughout the year.


I paired a Hero Arts "Happy" sentiment with the STAMPlorations die cut "Birthday" and then lightly stenciled the blue and gray circles using the ARTplorations "Retro Circles" stencil.  A few sequins finished it off!


I'm also linking my card up to the current STAMPlorations January CAS Card Challenge -- where the optional color twist is silver or gray -- and to the Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge.  I used silver glitter paper and gray (and blue) distress inks on my stenciling.

  

Be sure to link up your CUT card by noon on Monday (Central time).  Check out the Design Team and Guest Designer blogs for more inspiration!

Guest Designer: Anita

Our Sponsor This Week: STAMPlorations


Thanks for visiting,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful take on the Cue Card, Judy! I love your sparkly die cut sentiment, and your stenciled background is fabulous! Great choice of subtle colors, too! Thanks for inspiring us, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the incredible background you created for your die cut sentiment! Wonderful card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Judy. I love the sparkle on the die cut sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool, funky background, Judy ... the soft colours are gorgeous ... perfect with that bold shimmery sentiment! Delighted to be guest designing alongside you at CASology! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and stunning. Love the soft background on that super stencil. Your die cut Birthday looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations for our January CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun use of that stencil! Glad you joined us at Stamplorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. complete all with Stamplorations and Artplorations product...I have that stencil too Judy and love the way you made it looks so soft on your card..that sparkle Die cut sentiment is perfecto...
    Great CAS design Judy
    hope to see you on my CASology card...I used Die cut too and sponged the card :) here is the link to make you easy to find my entry :)
    Hugs from old HA Flickr Pal :)
    Monika

    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2017/01/hello-card-and-happy-ever-after-card-in.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy