Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...and I Love Roo

Hello, friends.  On this, the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York, Pennsylvania and Washington, DC, I want to offer up my prayer for peace...peace in the world, peace in the hearts of those affected by this tragedy, and peaceful rest for those who lost their lives on this horrific day ten years ago.  I will never forget that day, where I was, how I felt.  May God bless us all with His peace.

I was able to squeak out a little more crafting time this weekend, and I was able to make a card for the current September SPARKS challenge at Paper Smooches, running from 9/9 through 9/21.


The challenge this time around is to make a card based on element(s) from this inspiration jewelry made by Susan and sold at her Etsy shop HERE



I was drawn to the colors (peach, lime, baby blue, cream) as well as the circles and the fun and cute style.  For my card, I cut out a circle using patterned paper and my circle Nesties, then dry embossed the dots with my Cuttlebug.   I stamped and embossed the kangaroo onto watercolor paper and painted, then cut out.  I stamped the "I Love Roo" sentiment repeatedly in peach dye ink onto the cream card, and added the lips using the same color.  I used two of my favorite sets from Paper Smooches:  Pretty Phrases and A Little Lovin.



I am so excited to say that I will be participating in World Card Making Day (on October 1st) for the first time this year...last year I watched from a distance, but this year I am taking the plunge! 



I plan to donate all the cards I make to a worthy cause such as Operation Write Home.  Did you know that Paper Smooches is one of the sponsors of this big event?  Are you planning to participate?  I'm definitely participating and looking forward to it very much!

Have a peaceful Sunday,
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! This is a really, really cute card! I still don't own any Paper Smooches stamps and I just don't know why! They are gorgeous! You matched those colours perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card Judy, I can see how the colours and shape of the bracelet inspired you:)
    Not heard of International Card Making Day, will have to look it up :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! That kangaroo stamp is so cute, and I really love that sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy