Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello, strangers! It has been quite a while since I made my way over to my blog...it seems that life has taken me in several different directions, and the past year as been nothing less than a whirlwind.  Too much to even try to cover here...and that's likely not why you're here anyway, so I'll spare you the details!

I'd like to share a handful of Valentine's Day cards I made as part of a service project at my son's high school. As part of a service project, he wanted to send Valentine's Day cards to a local nursing home. So, I worked with him on the project: I made the cards, and he wrote the notes inside, both of us hoping to spread some Valentine's Day cheer. By now, these have been distributed and read, hopefully bringing smiles along the way.

I made four main sets of cards using some on my favorite stamp sets. Picture-heavy post ahead!

First up: Cards featuring the Lawn Fawn "Party Koala" bear, paired with patterned papers, and either a Nicole die cut ("xoxo"), a Hero Arts sentiment, or a random sentiment from an old woodblock stamp. The little heart gems were a cute finishing touch.






Next up: A set of cards featuring the Lawn Fawn "Party Panda" bear, patterned papers, and the same sentiments and heart gems as above.






Next up: Cards featuring the Unity Stamp Company's "Love to Go" coffee cup paired with a Taylored Expressions "Swiss Hearts" embossing folder. 



Finally: Cards featuring the Jane's Doodles "Seamus" set.



My son wrote sweet little messages inside, assuring the recipients that they were being thought of in a special way. I enjoyed playing with a bunch of my heart-themed stamps and dies!

Best wishes to all of you for a lovely day!

Take good care,

Judy




1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy! It's been a while but you haven't lost your magic touch! These are adorable. How sweet of you and your son to do this. I'll bet they brought so much joy to the recipients!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy