Friday, August 10, 2018

Happy Birthday Butterfly Tag

Hello, friends!  I'm here today to share a clean and simple card I made for several challenges:

1) Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #304: CAS -- I kept my card clean and simple by maintaining lots of white space and minimal embellishments. My favorite type of card!



2) CAS on Friday: Challenge #139 - Butterflies -- I let my die cut butterfly take center stage on this clean and simple card!


3) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Distress It -- I used Tim Holtz distress ink for the blue background of my butterfly.  (I'll also be linking this to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #103 where the theme this week is birthdays!)


I started my card by die cutting a stitched tag and embossing it with a birthday embossing folder.  Next, I die cut the solid butterfly shape, then added blue distress ink to the main card base behind the opening. Then I attached the tag to the card base and insterted the detailed butterfly die cut on top, finishing it off with a matching enamle dot.  I did not stamp a sentiment on the outside because the dry embossed tag is clearly for a birthday!


Supplies Used:
Dies: MFT (Pierced Traditional Tag STAX), Simon Says Stamp (Leanna, Chrissy)
Inks: Tim Holtz distress ink (Tumbled Glass)
Other: embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts "Happy Birthday"), enamel dots

Thank you for stopping by, I do appreciate your visits!
Take care,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. This butterfly looks beautiful and really pops against the blue. Very clean and simple but sure makes an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful! Love the butterfly! Perfect use of distress inks too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully CAS Judy! I like the pop of color from the delicate butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your turquoise butterfly really POPS against the white! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous CAS card with beautiful details, Judy, my fav type of card too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More as its always a pleasure to see your wonderful cards. Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy just saw your winning card over on Addicted to Stamps and had to come over and tell you how much I love it. It looks so wonderful and bright and fresh. Totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely!
    Thank you for joining our "Butterflies"challenge at Cas on Friday!
    Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy