Monday, October 9, 2017

CAS on Friday Challenge #118

Hello, friends!  I am here to share a one layer CAS card I made for the current challenge at CAS on Friday Challenge #118 where the theme is Fall/Halloween.  I send Halloween cards to my young nieces and nephews each year, so this will be the start of my stash!



With this one-layer CAS card, I am also entering the current Happy Little Stampers October CAS Challenge: One Layer.


I am also entering it into the current Inspirational Challenge #145: Designer's Choice to make a one-layer card.


Finally, I'm entering the Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge: Make Your Mark since I colored in these pumpkins with Copic markers and the sky with distress inks.



For my card, I stamped this pumpkin image, masked a frame and a circle for the moon, and then added distress inks for the sky.  Next, I unmasked the moon and colored with distress inks.  I colored the pumpkins with Copic markers and added some ultra fine glitter to the top edges as frost.  The bat image really pops in front of the yellow moon!


I love one layer cards because they are so easy to mail...no bulk, no damaged envelopes.  I may be making more of these...it was fun to color and I think it is a classic Halloween scene.  (All we need now is Linus awaiting the Great Pumpkin's arrival!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Judy

8 comments:

  1. Just have a sec, but wanted to tell you how wonderful this card is, Judy! That sky is incredible!! And your coloring on those pumpkins is equally fabulous. I love this sweet one layer card!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing scene you have created and wonderful masking and colouring. Thanks for joining Ink and HLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute card which I love the sky and the bat

    ReplyDelete
  5. The night sky you created behind those pretty little pumpkins is incredible!! This is a fabulous card Judy, LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic one layered design Judy and what a perfect and seasonal image. Stunning colours and colouring and thanks so much for joining us at HLS CAS challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card...just perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Beautiful use of color and such a fun scene! Looks like you are a pro at one layer cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy