Saturday, February 6, 2016

Gerda Steiner Designs - Monthly Challenge February 2016

Hello, friends!  I am stopping by today to share a one-layer Valentine's Day card I made for my neice and nephews.  I'm entering this card in the current monthly challenge at Gerda Steiner Designs - February 2016 Challenge.  This bunny jumping rope is so cute!

(If you play along at the monthly challenge, Gerda sends you the image for the following month's challenge for free!  Isn't that great?)

For my card, I printed three bunnies next to each other, adjusting the size of each one in order to reflect the ages of my niece and nephews.

I added the computer-generated sentiment using a "Hoppy" (instead of "happy") since the bunnies are jumping rope...and, of course, because bunnies hop!


I masked each bunny in order to add the light blue distress ink to the background sky.  I drew the grass with Copic markers and added some shading with distress ink.  The washi tape across the bottom of the card serves to ground the images.



Be sure to check out this month-long challenge -- there is sure to be a lot of inspiration in the pool!

Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

8 comments:

  1. hehe! So sweet, Judy! A whole hopping family! Love this. Thank you so much for playing along in my monthly challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't they a cute little trio!! Sweet card Judy, love your sky and grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I love these little bunnies! What sweet little critters they are. You've created a perfect Spring like backdrop for them too. I'll bet your niece and nephews love this! Darling card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how adorable, Judy! Your bunnies are too cute, and I love how you blended your inks on the background...such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now aren't you clever Miss Judy. This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine a better scene for these cutties!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy