Tuesday, October 27, 2015

CASology #170: HEART

Hello, friends!  I think we may have stumped a few of our friends last week with our "zombie" cue card at CASology...so let's see what you think of this week's cue!  (I have a feeling this one will be popular!)



I have to make some thank you notes for my son, who just celebrated his birthday.  I immediately thought of the "Thanks" stamp set by Precious Remembrance Shop...almost every sentiment in this stamp set includes a heart!

I embossed one of the thank you sentiments in white on black card stock, die cut with a Lil' Inkers stitched rectangle die, and paired two strips of washi tape on a red card base. Before adhering the thanks sentiment, I dry embossed the card base (washi tape included).  I find that helps the washi tape really stick!

i

The embossing folder (Darice's "Diamond Plate") has a masculine feel, so I thought this color combination with the embossed card base would be good for a boy's thank you note.


I guess I went outside the box a little bit with this cue ...not a love card, no big hearts, etc.  I really need some thank you notes, so that's what I made!

Be sure to link up your HEART card by noon on Monday (Central time).  Be sure to visit our Design Team and Guest Designer blogs for more inspiration!


Guest Designer: Anita

Our Sponsor This Week:  So Suzy Stamps
Thanks for visiting,
Judy

10 comments:

  1. Love the minimalist approach to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Judy! I like the Washi tip, some of it doesn't stick very well does it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you embossed the Washi with the card base and your color combo is fabulous! Really beautiful card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossed bold red background! The washi tape accents that beautifully - great card Judy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'outside the box' is ALways 'right in my wheelhouse' Judy!!! LOve that Darice e.b. in red! AND I just happen to have that perfect little set from PR ...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great tip on the washi tape--I will keep that in mind. This is a fantastic thank you card, and those tire treads embossing really say 'man'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always difficult to use hearts for a guy... you did a fabulous job Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and perfect for a guy too, so hard to do. Love the little underline of stitches and hearts. Thanks for having me as your GD this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout and perfect for a guy too, so hard to do. Love the little underline of stitches and hearts. Thanks for having me as your GD this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "thank you" card,love how the colors work together!
    Thank you for the HM on my card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy