Tuesday, May 27, 2014

CASology #97: BEE

Hello, friends!  What a great week of floral inspiration we had at CASology last week!  This week's cue is often found among the flowers...can you guess what it is?


I honestly don't like bees at all.  Not sure why, exactly, I've been stung by bees on several occasions and it is not that terrible in the big scheme of things.  I just don't like them.  And now that I'm a mom, I have this keen ability to find where they are nesting in our yard.  (I call it the "Mamma Bear" instinct!) They seem to really like our swing set, our siding, and even nest in our grass.  I think my vigilance to find the bees started when we returned from summer vacation a few years ago and my youngest ran to the swing set that he had missed all week and got stung three times -- the bees had moved in while we were away.  We also found those really big wasps had dug into the ground and left big mounds of dirt behind as proof of their move-in.  "You can't hide from me," I now tell them as I frequently scour the yard, "None of my kids are getting stung today.  Bring it."

Funny, even though I hate dislike bees, I must admit that I really like cute bee stamps!

For my card, I used some older stamps in my stash and a new embossing folder to make a quick and clean thank you card.  (I know the embossing folder is chicken wire, but it made me think of a honeycomb!)



I added Wink of Stella glitter to the wings...see how it sparkles in the light?


Stamps Used:  Rubber Stampede "Bee,"  Savvystamps "Thank You Trail"


I can't wait to see your BEE cards (I hope they are cute bee images)!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!


Guest Designer: Deepti

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

15 comments:

  1. I have the same love/hate/dislike thing with snowflakes. Love the stamps and dies, not so keen on the real white stuff! lol! Love your sweet card and his glittery wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I am totally with you on the bee thing - absolutely hate them! I've been stung before too and my youngest, at age 1, was also stung right on the neck - hate them! But I adore your card! So cute!

    Hope your school year is winding down nicely and you'll be enjoying lazy summer days soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been stung (yet) by a bee, which might explain my naïve fondness for them. The fondness does dry up if they enter the vicinity of my children, however! This little bee with his glittery wings is cute though, and that chicken wire embossing folder is great!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet bee. You really created a lovely CAS card that still has so much interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Judy! Love the glittery wings! And yeah, I'm not one for bees, either! I'm okay with honeybees. Though anything else, they just get annoying...especially, down here! Sticking with bee stamps, is a much better thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you ALL the way regarding hating bees and loving bee stamps, Judy. It's a weird juxtaposition. Of course, the mama bear instinct overrides any sort of rationalization at all times!! Your bee card is everything a bee isn't!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind bees, Judy. It's centipedes that make my skin crawl, my toes curl, and makes me want to wash the house and yard in insecticide just in case they even think about moving in! Soooo glad I've never seen a centipede stamp! Your bee card is darling. Love his honeycomb and all his sparkle! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm… seems a lot of people aren't too fond of bees! I have to agree with the comment above though - I just can't handle centipedes and we've had 4 big ones in the last week! (Like 6 inches long big…) Anyway, I love the sweet bee on your card and the chicken wire is totally honeycomb-esque!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card, love the fading our effects, and the sweet bee... Like you I shy away from bees!
    I accidentally walked and fell into 2 hornets nests as a kid, and I am not allergic...really allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind bees at all, Judy ... it's wasps I don't care for ... especially the big ones ... yuk! Your card is so sweet ... the little bee is so perfectly showcased against the honey edged white space! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 'Cute Bee' card, Judy! He looks so sweet with all that lovely sparkle, and I think your embossed background is perfect as a honeycomb! Love how you inked around the edges to give a sunny effect, too!

    You just keep on chasing those bees and wasps out of your yard...getting stung by either of them is no fun! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy, Well your bees are nasty in your garden, no wonder you don't like them, we've had a problem with wasps but the bees here are usually a little bumbling and a little stupid, I spend time rescuing them with sugar water when they get too exhausted :D Fabulous card, really super CAS and well thought out ;D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card, and that bee is definitely cute enough to love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm right there with you on the dislike of real bees! There are some mighty cute bee stamps, though! Too bad the real ones aren't so adorable!
    I just love how you framed the main image panel with a touch of embossing! Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. so adorable, I love the inking around the edges :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy