Wednesday, March 6, 2013

LIM #109 Colour Challenge

Hello, friends!  Just stopping by with a fun card I made for the current Less Is More Week 109 Colour Challenge using this yummy color inspiration:

 

My card is a very literal translation of the above photo.  I do love donuts!  This reminds me of a quote I heard Homer Simpson once say on The Simpsons..."Mmmm, donuts...what aren't they good for?"


Materials Used:
Stamps: Hero Arts "Donut," "Long Writing Background," Papertrey Ink "Signature Greetings"
Inks: Hero Arts Latte and Poppy chalk inks, Copic marker 
Other:  patterned paper, pop dot, white embossing powder, corner rounder


We are expecting a wintry mix of snow and rain tonight...hope it doesn't amount to anything!  We used up all our snow days when Hurricane Sandy hit earlier this year, so if we are off we will have to make it up in June.  At this point, school doesn't end until June 24th...we don't want it to go into July!

Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

10 comments:

  1. Love these yummy colors, Judy, and the stamped handwriting in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Homer! I will admit that these look good enough to snatch right off my moniter, Judy. Great card and you've captured not only the colors, but that yummy photo inspiration as well. I pray that your weather hasn't caused any more problems for the folks in your area. Spring is coming!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks so delicious, Judy! Love how you actually did take it literally. The sentiment is great for the donut images. Hope the weather is not too bad - Spring will be here in 13 days! (calendar-wise)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm I shouldn't have looked at your card when I was hungry!!! they look yummy :0) I have an answer to Homers question... they're not good for your hips!!!
    Delicious card Judy :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fabulous card Judy :) very sweeeet!! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Goodness Judy, this is such a great take of the inspiration picture, my mouth is watering already!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly deliciously sweet! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Judy! This inspiration photo was just crying out for someone to make a cute donut card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree--donuts are always good! What a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I'm totally with you and Homer in the doughnut department! :)
    Gorgeous colouring and I love that writing stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy