Thursday, December 27, 2012

Some Christmas Thank You Cards & Pics

Hello, friends!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends...we had a wonderful eve and day, and now we are enjoying time off to visit with family and friends and just relax!  (Ah, what a novel idea!)

In the midst of all this fun, I realized I have almost 20 thank you notes to send out...so many generous co-workers, friends and family to thank for my birthday and Christmas presents!  I had a few in my stash from last year, but realized I need a bunch more.  I was able to play with some of my Christmas presents (including a cute bird stamp from Purple Onion Designs and some fun designs from WPlus9).  I also used some Hero Arts and Paper Smooches favorites, too.

First up...some quick, one-layer white-based cards.




Next up, three kraft-based cards and a little paper-piecing...




I am still struggling with my computer and camera, but I have good news...I got an iMac for Christmas and my DH is working feverishly to get it all up and running for me!  I can't wait to try it out with all my other iProducts...hope it helps with picture quality!


Just want to share a few Christmas pics...feel free to skip if not interested!

Just as it got dark outside on Christmas Eve, it started to snow!  The kids were so excited...it was truly magical!  You can see a light dusting of snow on our lights out front and some snowflakes flying past the shutters...


I had to sing at the 8:30 p.m. Mass on Christmas Eve. Missing from this picture is my oldest son...sorry to say he was home sick with a stomach virus, poor fella.  Mass was lovely, a true celebration of the real meaning of Christmas.

 
 
After the stockings were hung and the cookies and carrots were left out for Santa and his reindeer, we continued our tradition of reading T'was the Night before Christmas by the light of the tree before going to bed.  This year the kids all took turns reading a page...when they were little, Daddy read it to them.  They are growing up so fast!
 



So, Christmas morning arrived and Santa certainly had come!  This shows the start of the opening frenzy...


...and this shows the end, the aftermath!



The funniest, most heart-warming gift I received was a blast from my own childhood...a 1978 Miss Piggy puppet, just like the one I had when I was a kid!  I LOVED my Miss Piggy, and was heartbroken the day I found out my mom had donated it with a bunch of my other childhood toys.  I still have some of my favorite childhood toys...a Holly Hobby doll, a Tender Love baby doll, a teddy bear...but I always wished I still had the Miss Piggy puppet.  Now, thanks to my thoughtful DH (and eBay), I have her again!  She looks pretty good for her age, doesn't she?


Well, thanks for sticking around for a picture-heavy post...and thanks for stopping by!

I hope you are still enjoying the holiday season!
Judy

7 comments:

  1. Okay, this has to be my favorite, all-time post of yours!! First of all, I'm so glad you're taking time to create - your thank you cards are all wonderful, Judy! And what awesome photos! Looks like the perfect family Christmas! Sounds like you also have quite the husband - how neat is it that he gave you the Miss Piggy puppet?! So sweet of him! I sure hope your oldest is feeling better, and that no one else catches it! Hugs to you, my friend and thanks for making me smile tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judy! So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! Love seeing your photos. And, your cards are great - I love that cute bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your cards Judy :) and enjoyed reading your post all about your lovely Christmas spent with your family :) I loved the Muppets too as a kid and I had Holly hobby and grandma holly .. LOl .. ah those were the days :) enjoy the rest of your Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful cards, Judy!! And what a lovely Christmas, you and your family had!! So glad you got your, Miss Piggy back!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Judy!! First of all- Happy Belated Birthday!! All your cards are wonderful but I absolutely loooooove the thank you's you made with that cute birdie!!! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family! Sorry to hear your son was sick:-hope he feels better! l Our 2 nieces were sick on Christmas Eve then my hubby and I became sick the day after Christmas. This is the first day I've been upright for more than 5 minutes-LOL! I'm glad Miss Piggy has returned- what a thoughtful gift!! Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your thank you cards are so cute! I'm glad that you had a great Christmas! I hope you don't get sick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous post this is, Judy. I love your pictures and your cards and especially Miss Piggy. Miss Piggy and Holly Hobby sure bring back memories for me! We have a Kermit the Frog ornament that was my husband's when he was a boy. I love that his mom saved it and gave it to us on our first Christmas 16 years ago. Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy