Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thinking of You - LIM Week #28

Hello, friends! 

OK, I've been stalling for some reason when it comes to this week's Less Is More challenge to make a one layer card using INK in a new way (if possible).  Mandi's card struck me as so unique and pretty...and she, like many participants this week, did it by inking an acrylic block and spritzing it with water for her background.  Lovely!  Finally, after seeing the gorgeous cards made by Ann at KingstonMamaCrafts, I decided to give it a whirl.  (Nothing like waiting until the last minute!)

I took out my 3" x 4.25" acrylic block and inked the bottom half with Peeled Paint distress ink, while I inked the top half with Broken China distress ink.  I generously spritzed the block with water and stamped it onto white card stock.  Cool mottled effect!  When dry, I stamped the Bicycle and the sentiment in Latte chalk ink and rounded the bottom corners.  I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.


I plan to send this to my Uncle Frank, who has been in the hospital for some time due to complications after surgery.  He is too far away for us to visit, so I send him cards to let him know I am thinking of him and praying for his quick recovery.  I'm thinking this is rather rustic and masculine, do you think so? 

Thanks for stopping by...and thanks to all the participants in this week's challenge at Less Is More...you have really inspired me and I'm pleased to have tried something new!
Judy
 

12 comments:

  1. Neat effect, Judy! I've been watching all the entries pouring in there, with no original ideas of my own. Sure has been fun looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And so kind of you to send your uncle cards since he's too far to visit I am sure it will brighten his day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific Judy!
    I'm so pleased that our challenge inspired you to try something new!
    Wonderful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this turned out great Judy, so pleased you gave it a try and you've used a large acrylic block too! Lovely idea to send it to yout Uncle, I'm sure he'll appreciate it too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, you got such wonderful depth in your card which makes it a fab CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool technique to quickly add color to a card! I think you did a great job and Uncle Frank will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great effect on the background. I must give this technique a try. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB card Judy
    Love the bicycle
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card, judy! the background looks fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous use of this technique, not something I have done myself yet! It makes a wonderful background for the sweet image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a wonderful card you did! :) It sure works for a masculine card to me! I hope your uncle heals well...I too have to send cards to a lot of family and friends cause their too far away. Though you can say/show a lot with card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried to comment on this post earlier in the week but my laptop was being fussy. I'm glad you tried the ink technique; it turned out great! I need to try doing the two colors side by side like that. Thanks for your nice comments about my inky experiments, too! :) Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy