Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day

Hello, friends!  Happy Father's Day to all those celebrating today.

I want to share a card I made for my husband using the new "Wave" stamp set from The Ton.  I fell in love with this layering stamp as soon as I saw the amazing cards made by the Design Team and I ordered it right away.  I am so glad I did!  I also order the "Penned Sentiments" set and love the font.  Love!

Supplies:
Stamps: The Ton (Wave, Penned Sentiments)
Inks: MFT (Black Licorice); Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Broken China); Hero Arts (Navy die ink)
Other: Water color paper

I think my husband will appreciate this, particularly because he is our main vacation planner and we have always loved going places with beaches.  When the kids were little, we always spent a week at the shore and hours on the beach -- in the water, jumping waves, swimming, playing in the sand, flying kites, going for walks.  For our twentieth anniversary (almost two years ago), we all went to Hawaii and spent hours on different beaches all over the island of O'ahu, swimming, snorkeling, even taking surfing lessons.  This summer we are returning to the shore for another week's vacation -- even though our kids are all teens and pre-teens, we still love spending time near the ocean.  That's why I knew this stamp set would be perfect for my husband's Father's Day card.

I'm linking my card up to a few challenges.

(1) Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #246: Anything Goes



(2) Muse Challenge #220 - Here is Tracey McNeely's Muse card and I was inspired to follow the same theme, a Happy Fathers Day card.



(3) Inkspirational Challenge #137: Photo Inkspiration.  I saw this big splash of blue flowers on that wall and thought of the big splash of an ocean wave!  I know my blues are a different shade, but the splash is real!


(4) CAS Watercolor Card Challenge: Watercolor June Challenge.  I used watercolor cardstock and spritzed my stamped image with water before stamping...hoping this counts?


(5) Happy Little Stampers June Watercolor Challenge - Anything Goes. (Thanks for the tip, Kylie!)



Thanks again for stopping by...enjoy the day!

Judy

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the wave! It is soooo real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, your colour choices work so well with that stamp. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy, this card is so beautiful. What a wonderful stamp set and story of your families enjoyment at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy that layered wave stamp is awesome. I think it way be coming home to me too! Love this Father's Day card for your hubby I am sure he will too Thank you for sharing with us at amuse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wave is AWESOME, Judy! It sounds like it couldn't be more perfect for your DH's Father's Day card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully watercoloured! Perfect card for Father's Day. You should also enter this over at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!
    http://www.happylittlestampers.com/search/label/Watercolour%20Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was the perfect purchase for your hubby!! Your card is fabulous Judy. And, yes, this is a great stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ocean wave design, Judy. So pleased you joined us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that wave is amazing, perfect for a masculine card. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is stunning, you have done an amazing job layering these stamps-I find it so hard to do this. This card has so much movement and perfect for our challenge at Ink-great to see you there x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card Judy! love this stamp set, a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This stamp is really magnificent - such a wonderful scene and perfect for father's day! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's terrific. Love your layered stamping of those awesome waves.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning work with this stamp, Judy! It's on my wishlist, and I'm really looking forward to owning it...looks like it's fun to play with :)
    I'm guessing you go to the Jersey shore...we do have some lovely beaches, although nothing compares to Hawaii :) Have fun on your summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! I feel like I got wet, this wave is so realistic! It's amazing! Great take for the CAS Watercolour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant stamp and fabulous card Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful watercoloured card Judy. Love your gorgeous wave ... perfect card for your hubby. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! What a gorgeous wave you've created, Judy; a perfect card for you husband given his - and your family's - love for water! So striking! Thrilled that you brought this handsome creation to the Inkspirational gallery! Love it!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great color pick, looks so real. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Martina DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card. You would never guess that was stamped rather than painted.

    ReplyDelete
  21. who doesn't love being at the beach in the summer...fun card.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge. Hope you play along again.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spectacular wave ! Just stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy