Tuesday, February 21, 2017

CASology #237: SCORE

Hello, friends!  Happy Tuesday! I'm here today with my card for the latest cue card at CASology.


There are so many ways to go with this cue!  I thought of my son's frequent soccer practices and games and how, as goalie, he works hard to prevent the other team from scoring.  I thought of my job as a school psychologist in which I frequently score behavior checklists and cognitive tests.  I thought of the musical scores my three high-school-age kids are heavily involved with as their spring musical quickly approaches. However, my stamps helped me make my final decision...thanks to our sponsor, STAMPlorations, for helping my final cards come together!

These cards are for my two oldest children who will soon be taking an SAT review class as they prepare to take the college entrance examinations in June.  They are hoping the class will help raise their scores!


For both cards, I printed the digital image (a freebie from STAMPlorations a while back), then watercolored the images with distress inks.  The sentiment is from the STAMPlorations "Noteworthy" set and I hope it will inspire them to do their best.


I'll be linking up this second card to the current Addicted to CAS: Challenge #105 Wood as I used my Hero Arts woodgrain background on my card base.

In addition, I'll link both cards up to the current STAMPlorations February CAS Card Challenge (without the color twist) as well as the STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge.


Supplies Used:
STAMPlorations ("Noteworthy" and free digi image of books/cup); Hero Arts woodgrain background stamp
MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangles dies
Distress Inks: Barn Door, Weathered Wood, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye


I can't wait to see how you interpret the SCORE cue card this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Barb

Our Sponsor This Week:  STAMPlorations





Thanks for visiting,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. I love your clever take on the cue card, Judy! Beautiful watercoloring on your background and books, and I love the woodgrain on your card base...Perfect cards for your kids while they prepare for SAT's ~ Best of luck to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards of encouragement! I bet you are a wonderful mom, Judy! Those yellow/grey backgrounds really bring out the kraft and red image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very clever take on the cue word Judy! Terrific cards for your kids with a beautiful sentiment. Wishing them both the best of luck as they reach for their dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail-biting time for your kids as they prepare for their SATs. I'm sure they'll score well; after all, they have you (lucky kids) for their mom. Two very sweet, encouraging cards. Really love them! The backgrounds you've created really set off the book/coffee cup images. Love these!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spotted these beauties on the ATCAS blog and wanted to add...Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this image you've used and you've done a brilliant job using it too! The coloring is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous watercoloring! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy