Tuesday, August 18, 2015

CASology #160: NUMBER

Hello, friends! After a crazy week with an unexpected family medical issue last week, I'm happy to be here today with the new cue card at CASology.  Check it out!


I have a feeling this is going to be an easy challenge for many of you -- there are so many ways to go with this cue!

I recently purchased some PTI number dies, but my mojo was lacking and I couldn't think of anything creative to do with them.  Then I thought of my daughter's favorite number, and my card came along quickly.

Can you guess what her favorite number is?  Here's a hint: I will give her this card on March 14th.

Stamps Used:
Hero Arts (sentiment)
Sweet Stamp Shop (image)

Her favorite number is pi!  According to Wikipedia, the number π is a mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, commonly approximated as 3.14159 (hence it is celebrated on March 14th...3.14).  It has been represented by the Greek letter "π" since the mid-18th century, though it is also sometimes spelled out as "pi" (/p/).

When I asked my daughter why she loves the number pi, she said, "Because it is fun to write and it has it's own holiday...that's cool!"  I'm all about encouraging my daughters to love math...maybe we should have more math-related holidays!

What does NUMBER mean to you?  I can't wait to see!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). I hope you'll get a chance to visit our Design Team and Guest Designer blogs for more inspiration!



Guest Designer: Marilyn

Our Sponsor This Week:  STAMPlorations

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

11 comments:

  1. We always celebrate Pi day, so I am a big fan of this card. Very clever interpretation of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun take on the cue word Judy, this is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY creative, Judy! That particular holiday has always been interesting to me...I'm no mathematician, so admire those who can actually use such numbers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! That's my favorite dessert ... wait. Oh pi! So cute, Judy. 13 has always been lucky for me!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, so clever. I kept looking for the number. Silly me - I am old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Judy! I never knew that! How extraordinarily clever! Wish someone had encouraged me to think about maths in such a lateral and fun way. Wasn't a favourite of mine, but had this 'pi' been involved, it may have been a completely different story! Thank you for the lesson, the cheerful card and the inspiration, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinking creative Judy! Love your daughter's favourite number!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This totally made me giggle - so clever! Your daughter sounds like one cool chick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Judy!! I love your story behind your card. My favorite number is four because I was born on the fourth month on the fourth day!! LOL. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy