Tuesday, July 28, 2015

CASology #157: WINGS

Hello, friends!  I'm happy to be back after an awesome vacation as we pick up with our next cue card at CASology.  I have a feeling this one will be very popular!



Have you ever seen the classic movie It's a Wonderful Life?  There is a famous line in the movie stating, "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."  (The clip can be seen HERE if you are interested.)  That line was the inspiration behind my card.

This image may not be an angel (maybe a fairy princess, not sure) but I liked her whimsical wings and thought they should be sparkly, so I filled them in with Wink of Stella. Tough to see, but trust me...they sparkle!  I masked the angel and added subtle watercoloring and splatters to add a little interest to the white space.



I'm thinking this winged fairy angel may go to my niece later this month...she will be heading off to kindergarten and she is so excited!  :)

Be sure to link up your clean and simple WINGS card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!



Our Sponsor This Week:  7 Kids College Fund

I'll leave you with a little collage of flower pics from our Hawaiian vacation...the flowers there were SO beautiful and attracted so many different winged animals -- I saw butterflies and birds I had never seen before!


Thanks for stopping by,
Judy

17 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I wish I'd thought of it - I have the cutest fairy stamp. My son and his aviation obsession made me forget! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fairy can only bring smiles... for sure!
    So cute and lovely altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute fairy card. Glad to see you make making cards but so good to hear your vacation was full of memories. When we were in Hawaii in December I also took many flower photos. For some time I have wanted to plant a Hibiscus in our yard, but what color would I choose. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute fairy card. Glad to see you make making cards but so good to hear your vacation was full of memories. When we were in Hawaii in December I also took many flower photos. For some time I have wanted to plant a Hibiscus in our yard, but what color would I choose. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fun fairy card sure would cheers somebody's day up!!
    Beautiful vacation photos! Thanks for sharing Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, Judy! Thanks so much for the pics ~ It must have been really difficult to leave such a gorgeous place :)
    I love your winged fairy angel, and how you water colored behind her! It's a perfect card for your niece, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. It reminds me of the tooth fairy my daughter described to me in detail years ago, after she insisted that she saw her in her room that night. Also, your Hawaii collage is just gorgeous. It's making me to anxious to get out there myself--just a few more weeks until our family trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuteness!!! Love her sweet wings! Thanks for sharing, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy! Your card is too cute with its little angel who is darling, and whimsical. Loved that movie. You must have never stopped taking pictures, right? I can only imagine it - someday!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet Judy - love how you've done the sky. Looks like a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable fairy princess card Judy, I love the watercolor background. I was wondering where the adorable fairy is from? I'd love to add her to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Judy!! Missed you!! Such a privilege to see some of your lovely holiday snaps! That photo collage is a cool idea too. Need to get my son to show me how to work it too!! As for this little fairy, she is SO cute, and perfectly paired with that lovely sentiment. Your niece is going to love it!! I haven't seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' yet (I know, where have I been??), but it is on my list, and I noticed Netflix has it now, so I might be in luck!! Thank you for the lovely inspiration Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh she's adorable, Judy, and I can just imagine the sparkle! And more gorgeous photos. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes tons of flower photos. Luis thinks I'm nuts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is darling and you little niece will love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy