Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Challenge #40: Nautical & SSS Anything Goes

Hello, friends!  I'm back with another nautical card for The Challenge #40 where the theme is "Nautical."  I'm also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

The cue card at CASology is also "nautical," but I wasn't sure this card was clean and simple enough for the challenge since I have several layers and not a lot of white space. Honestly, this one is more of a "clean and layered" look, not quite simple.

I played with my Sweet Stamp Shop "Sail Away Sayings" set and layered the image on some die cut DCWV gold glitter paper.  I think blue, white and gold are very nautical together...just like you see in the photo above!


I colored in the block letters with a Sakura Gelly Roll "Clear Star" glitter pen for some sparkle and interest.

Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

10 comments:

  1. Yup - a totally nautical colour combo! Love the soft blue ink and that fabulous glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glittery die cut really makes this image pop!! Terrific card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Judy :-) I love the colours and CAS design, the gold frame is lighting the way! Fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sentiments exactly, Judy! Really pops with that glittery goodness! Thanks for the second helpings at The Challenge this week... hope to see you again in September!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful - love the seaside theme.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic nautical card. I do love the gold and blue for a nautical card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great nautical color scheme! Love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy