Monday, October 27, 2014

Hero Arts Holiday Challenge & Caring Hearts Card Drive 2014

Hello, friends!  I am so happy to be here today to share some cards I made for the Caring Hearts Card Drive 2014.  I am so glad to be able to participate again...I believe I have done so every year since it began in 2010, and I think it is a GREAT cause!  After all, don't we love to bring happiness and cheer to those who receive our hand-made cards?  That's what its all about in my book.


I have a handful of cards I have already shared in previous posts that I plan to send, and I was able to make a few more this weekend.

My cards today use some of my favorite Hero Arts Christmas images and sentiments.  I'm entering these two cards into the current Hero Arts Holiday Challenge in the "Anything Goes" category.


I inked up a scrolled embossing folder with mid-tone Tide Pool shadow ink to make the background paper.


I used a patterned paper that I also dry embossed with a floral pattern embossing folder for this background.


I hope you are able to send in some cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive...it is such a good cause.  Be sure to check out the post at Jennifer McGuire's blog for details, mailing instructions, and PRIZES!  They need to receive our cards by November 28th, so don't delay if you are going to participate.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day,
Judy

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Judy, and such a worthy cause. Whoever gets these will be absolutely thrilled; they are just lovely. Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so special and so very pretty Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous backgrounds you created, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful and I love making and sending cards for Caring Hearts as well. I need to check out that Hero Arts challenge. Good incentive for me to use some of my HA stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really love the backgrounds you chose for your beautiful Nativity scenes, Judy! Two gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This nativity is one of my favourite HA images, Judy ... you've showcased it beautifully against those wonderful backgrounds! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy